Trail of Bits is seeking a Chief of Staff. The Chief of Staff is a key role on the leadership team. This individual will report to the CEO, interface with the executive team, support strategic initiatives, and drive accountability for goals across the company. The ideal candidate is a proven leader with a blend of strategic, operational, project management, and leadership skills. Additionally, they should possess exceptional attention to detail, initiative, and critical thinking skills. They are curious, adaptable, and comfortable managing change and ambiguity. They enjoy solving complex problems, are highly collaborative, and have a strong bias toward action and results. They exercise exceptional discretion with confidential information.
- Assist the CEO in day-to-day operational management of the business and ensure the CEO’s priorities are effectively executed.
- Own prioritization and execution of key company strategic initiatives by partnering with the executive team and internal functions.
- Enhance the effectiveness of key meetings by setting effective agendas and driving high-quality content and output, including preparation and meeting follow-ups.
- Support the development of and drive scorecard success metrics and KPIs. Monitor key metrics and flag areas of concern.
- Own and continuously improve company operating cadence (e.g., executive team meetings, leadership offsites, quarterly OKRs reviews, quarterly board meetings).
- Seek areas for improvement and innovation to make the overall business run more smoothly and drive growth.
- Assist with communications between and from leadership to the broader team.
- Lead the preparation and development of all executive presentations, including but not limited to reviews, all-hands meetings, internal and external speaking engagements, offsites, and events.
- Due to the nature of this role, this person must be a US Citizen
- 8+ years of management consulting experience
- Proven experience at a fast, high growth startup in a Chief of Staff or business operations leadership
- Experience building software or managing a software developer team
- Exposure to Cybersecurity-relevant work
- 5+ years of project and change management expertise
- Demonstrate analytical and logic skills with a focus problem solving frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent G Suite skills
The US estimated base salary for this full-time W2 employee role is $175,000-$275,000, not including bonus and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, location, and employment type. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, include but not limited to work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance.
- Retirement plan with 5% company matching.
- 4 months paid parental leave.
- Moving expenses: $5,000 one-time.
- Charitable donations matching up to $2,000.
- One time $1,000 at home office expense stipend.
- $500/year personal learning & development budget.
- Executive coaching for managers & above.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- 20 days of PTO per year for vacation, sick, and personal time off.
- 15 company holidays per year.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion