Join our Engineering Services Team
Our engineering services team works closely with commercial customers in tech, defense, and finance on quick-response feature development, security infrastructure deployment troubleshooting, security vulnerability triage and remediation, and bug fixes. We adopt and support the best of open-source security software for our work, and regularly contribute enhancements to these projects as a result.
- Root-cause analysis and debugging on low-level technical issues.
- Contributing fixes and enhancements to large cross-platform codebases.
- Interpreting customer requirements, decomposing tasks, and making engineering estimates.
- Designing and building solutions that balance performance, security, and functionality requirements.
- Directly speaking daily with your team typically within core hours and coordinating asynchronously outside of core hours to organize tasking.
- Describe and explain technical concepts to clients, community, and co-workers.
Requirements & Skills
- 3+ years or more of experience in professional software development focused on desktop or server software (applications or kernel-level).
- Proficiency in system-level programming in C++ and/or Python, for either Linux, macOS or Windows. Experience with more than one is a plus.
- Experience applying “modern C++” language features in your work.
- This is a senior role for a fully remote position, so an ability to work remotely and independently set goals and find solutions.
- A startup mentality with a bias to action and the ability to flex in a fast-paced environment.
- Related experience in a security monitoring, security testing, security response, vulnerability research, cryptography engineering or other security role is a plus.
- Previous experience in open source projects is a plus.
- Comfortable speaking or writing directly to customers to give status reports on progress and to solicit feedback and new requirements.
- Must live in the United States.
The US estimated base salary for this full-time W2 employee role is $160,000-$250,000, not including bonus and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, location, and employment type. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, include but not limited to work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance.
- Retirement plan with 5% company matching.
- 4 months paid parental leave.
- Moving expenses: $5,000 one-time.
- Charitable donations matching up to $2,000.
- One time $1,000 at home office expense stipend.
- $500/year personal learning & development budget.
- Executive coaching for managers & above.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- 20 days of PTO per year for vacation, sick, and personal time off.
- 15 company holidays per year.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion