Welcome to the Traegerhood:
Our business is BBQ, and business tastes good. Traeger invented the wood pellet grill over 30 years ago, and we’ve been revolutionizing outdoor cooking ever since. We’re a team of disruptors, innovators, problem solvers, and food fanatics who are dedicated to bringing people together to create a more flavorful world. From our headquarters in Salt Lake City and beyond, we work tirelessly to provide a world-class experience to our customers, retailers, and especially our employees. If you’re a team player who’s dedicated to delivering top-quality results every day, then we want you to come cook with us!
What You'll Do:
Our culinary team members are humble and hungry and strive to inspire our community by putting out great food, every single day. Our kitchen staff drives our ability to provide exceptional recipes and food for all staff meals, on-site events, off-site events, and marketing content. Along with the Head of Culinary, The Executive Chef will guide the culinary vision of the Traeger brand as well as execution of events and recipe development. Working with the Director of Events & Communications, the Executive Chef will ensure that all food service at on-site and off-site events is delivered at the very highest level – worthy of the Traeger brand and reputation for quality. The Executive Chef needs to be a hardcore culinary aficionado with both production kitchen chops as well as the ability to coach team members. The ideal candidate will be excited to work in an environment where you'll earn more than just a paycheck, you'll get the chance to build a career and create systems that endure for years to come. If you are excited about wearing a number of different hats in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the prospect of being an integral part of the Traeger family, this position is for you.
How You'll Help Us Win:
- Sets the Culinary creative direction for Traeger events and corporate functions. Running all aspects of cooking for employees, clients, and marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for managing culinary events and employee meals budgets through the Kitchen Manager. Ensuring a sustainable and efficient kitchen.
- Your team will be responsible for maintaining clean and orderly corporate lunch/event spaces - both back and front of house - as well as providing meals to employees weekly. Traeger will be moving headquarters soon to a larger space where we are planning for daily meals.
- Work with the Head of Culinary to bring the Traeger Culinary ethos to life, both at corporate functions and through marketing initiatives.
- Emerges his/herself in relevant industry research, remaining current with industry trends.
- Designs, manages, and executes tier 1 Marketing Culinary opportunities at on and off-site events.
- May Act as a face of the brand for influencer and content opportunities. Must be comfortable speaking to groups and on camera.
- Acts as a mentor to the culinary team, functioning as a technical expert, teacher and trainer.
- Practices and enforces safety and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains a clean and efficient kitchen from top to bottom, supporting internal and external events, appliance research and development, recipe development, and photo/video shoots.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Degree from a recognized culinary institution or eight (8) years of related, full-time work experience.
- Minimum four (4) years’ work experience in high-quality, high-volume catering or operation or restaurant offering regular off-site events.
- Current ServeSafe certificate, or ability to get one within one month of starting.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to work nights & weekends and travel up to 50%
Why You Will Love to Work Here:
- Be part of the most disruptive force in outdoor cooking
- Join a true team working towards a common goal
- Culture of risk-taking, innovation, & quality
- Have an outdoor lover’s paradise in your backyard
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- 401k to help you plan for the future
- Tuition reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs & initiatives to help you grow professionally
- Great discounts on all things Traeger