Welcome To The Traegerhood:
Our business is BBQ, and business tastes good. Traeger invented the wood pellet grill over 30 years ago, and we’ve been revolutionizing outdoor cooking ever since. We’re a team of disruptors, innovators, problem solvers, and food fanatics who are dedicated to bringing people together to create a more flavorful world. From our headquarters in Salt Lake City and beyond, we work tirelessly to provide a world-class experience to our customers, retailers, and especially our employees. If you’re a team player who’s dedicated to delivering top-quality results every day, then we want you to come cook with us!
What You'll Do:
Our team builds and maintains the digital experience for Traeger customers across every device and digital touchpoint. We are looking for an experienced, Sr. / Lead web developer who can design, build, and maintain the corporate website. This position is also responsible for leading and mentoring web developers.
This position requires a combination of programming skills (NextJS, SCSS, JS, React, GraphQL etc.) and basic design skills. A strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems, as well as understanding of retrieving data through GraphQL. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is a must. An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment.
How You'll Help Us Win:
- Work with marketing designers to implement amazing web content
- Create web interfaces, widgets, rich clients and other front-end components (NextJS, SCSS, JS, React, GraphQL etc.)
- Work closely with other engineers and user interface designers to identify fast and creative solutions
- Optimize pages for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
- Implement fully responsive designs
- Correct any issues across the website and troubleshoot for potential bugs
- Work with stake holders from cross-channel departments to deliver new components as well as maintain and troubleshoot any bugs that may arise.
- Integrate various platforms, components, and tools to facilitate and drive e-commerce conversion through the website and other channels
- Work with the acquisition team to execute marketing strategies in SEO, site performance, and other key objectives
What You'll Need To Succeed:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years professional experience building customer facing web applications
- Experience building performant, delightful and responsive UI
- Proficiency using modern web development technologies such as Vue, Angular, Node, React, etc.
- Ability to thoughtfully advocate for the adoption of new frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with continuous delivery, git, test automation and build/deploy systems
- Experience building large-scale web applications
- Experience with MVC and single page application technologies, including Angular, Polymer, Vue, Ember, React, etc. (strong preference for React and NextJS)
- Familiarity with web application build pipelines (such as WebPack, Gulp, etc.)
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Self-motivated to learn and keep current with industry trends, latest tools and best practices
- Proactively seeks to improve and iterate on their code to maintain efficient best coding practices as well as keep up with latest technologies and packages
- Passion for delivering high performance, detail-oriented, testable, quality code
- Extremely organized and highly motivated
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Results- and data-driven personality
- Solid team player
Why You Will Love To Work Here:
- Be part of the most disruptive force in outdoor cooking
- Join a true team working towards a common goal
- Culture of risk-taking, innovation, & quality
- So. Much. Food.
- Have an outdoor lover’s paradise in your backyard
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- 401k to help you plan for the future
- Tuition reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs & initiatives to help you grow professionally
- Great discounts on all things Traeger
- Did we mention all the food?