Traeger Grills is the industry leader and originator of the Wood Pellet Grill! We provide a world-class culinary experience to our customers through our innovative 6-1 grill, providing the ability to Grill, Smoke, Bake, Roast, Braise & BBQ! We provide that same world-class experience to not only our customers, but also to our retail partners and vendors. Recently voted as a 2016 Best Company to Work For, and a Top 25 Fastest Growing Company by Utah Business Magazine, we are looking for motivated individuals who are eager to join our winning and growing team! If you have a passion for BBQ or great food, or are simply looking for a company that invests in you as an employee, with amazing benefits, apply today!
This role will be responsible for managing and constantly improving the cross functional New Product Development Process. As part of this responsibility, the Project Manager will create project timelines, empower the team to complete their tasks on time, provide updates to the corporate calendar for major tasks and Tollgates dates, interact cross functionally with other department project managers, ensuring that projects follow the deliverables of the New Product Development Process, and add value to the greater Traeger organization. This role requires a high level of organization, collaboration, attention to detail. This person will be involved in collaborative activities as well as effectively communicating project progress and information with the wider team. The ideal candidate will add just enough process and structure to improve how Traeger currently works, to allow our New Product Development Process to scale with growth, without damaging our high powered, fun loving culture.
How You'll Help Us Win:
Traeger needs a high-powered Project Manager with a proven ability of user empowerment. The ideal candidate would have experience in successfully creating collaborate workspaces both physically and virtually, they would also have experience in a PLM system (Product Lifecycle Management). We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to organize and coordinate projects adding value to the culture here at Traeger.
- Manage the New Product Development calendar for all active Product projects.
- Provide updates to the corporate calendar
- Interact cross-functionally with department project mangers
- Send weekly updates on the status of tasks to team leads and managers
- Create weekly reports on project status
- Conduct and present the New Product Development calendar in the weekly Product Objective Summary meeting
- Ensure project milestones and tollgates are achieved on time
- Coordinate with external vendors as necessary
- Improve our project data storage system to ensure that design and project data is organized, stored, and accessible for all team members.
- Create a system that produces a virtual binder of project data for each project
- Maintain a process that enhance our New Product Development process and adds value to the Traeger culture
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You'll Need To Be Successful:
- BS/ BA diploma in management or a relevant field MS/ MA is a plus
- 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Proven experience as a Project Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/ program management techniques and methods
- PC literate in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Microsoft Project)
- Strong working knowledge of collaborative workspaces. SharePoint, Teams, Power Automate / Flow, Planner, Project web app online, and other collaborate workspace techniques.
- Strong understanding of Project Lifecycle Management
- Initiative, and a wide degree of creativity is required
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to work with teams cross functionally
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must have a very flexible working attitude when interacting with team members.
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Employee Discounts on all Traeger Products!
- Open-PTO Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs and initiatives that help you grow and develop professionally
- A positive and supportive team to work with
- Company provided meals throughout the week, Utah Gold Ski and SLC City Golf passes, Discounted Gym Memberships, generous Employee Discount Program, company sponsored Community Service opportunities, and much more!