Welcome To The Traegerhood:
Our business is BBQ, and business tastes good. Traeger invented the wood pellet grill over 30 years ago, and we’ve been revolutionizing outdoor cooking ever since. We’re a team of disruptors, innovators, problem solvers, and food fanatics who are dedicated to bringing people together to create a more flavorful world. From our headquarters in Salt Lake City and beyond, we work tirelessly to provide a world-class experience to our customers, retailers, and especially our employees. If you’re a team player who’s dedicated to delivering top-quality results every day, then we want you to come cook with us!
What You'll Do:
This person will work on the production line in accordance with plant production policies and procedures. Reports to the Plant Manager and the manufacturing supervisor. This person will produce pellets using manufacturing equipment provided; bagging pellets in bags with equipment provided, and transports pelletized bags within a warehouse environment using forklift equipment. This person supports the direction of the company, demonstrates a positive attitude, and leads by example to fellow crew members.
How You'll Help Us Win:
- Responsible for carrying out tasks assigned by Plant Manager and manufacturing lead person
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Works as a team player with a positive attitude even in difficult situations
- Must have a good understanding of the machine center controls and their functions
- Trained in proper lockout procedures and forklift certified
- Maintains consistent quality control and production within guidelines provided by Plant Manager
- Stays productive at all times and utilizes time efficiently. Downtime is cleanup time
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly routine preventative maintenance as scheduled
- Understands and follows safety guidelines
- Assists manufacturing shift lead as needed
- Operates within standard operating procedures
- Assist with the cross training of other employees
- Communicates with Plant Manager and other team members
What You'll Need To Succeed:
High school diploma or equivalent with reading, writing and arithmetic skills expected of a high school graduate. Knowledge of production process, quality control, lockout procedures and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods preferred. Fork Lift truck experience required. Ability to perform repetitive motion over course of 10-12 hour shift, and operate common hand and power tools provided in a plant site, as well as the ability to interpret and react to computer control systems and alarms on the production line. Must have the flexibility to work various shifts.
All employees are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen test.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment in all weather conditions. Work may involve frequent lifting of materials and product up to 40 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include, but not limited to: safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhat.
Why You Will Love Working Here:
- Be part of the most disruptive force in outdoor cooking
- Join a true team working towards a common goal
- Culture of risk-taking, innovation, & quality
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Individual professional development programs & initiatives to help you grow professionally
- Great discounts on all things Traeger