Welcome to the Traegerhood:
Our business is BBQ, and business tastes good. Traeger invented the wood pellet grill over 30 years ago, and we’ve been revolutionizing outdoor cooking ever since. We’re a team of disruptors, innovators, problem solvers, and food fanatics who are dedicated to bringing people together to create a more flavorful world. From our headquarters in Salt Lake City and beyond, we work tirelessly to provide a world-class experience to our customers, retailers, and especially our employees. If you’re a team player who’s dedicated to delivering top-quality results every day, then we want you to come cook with us!
What You'll Do:
We are seeking a results-driven regulatory compliance specialist to implement and develop regulatory compliance strategies focused on FDA and food related compliance. You will be reviewing documentation and procedures, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on compliance-related issues, and performing compliance audits.
To ensure success as a regulatory compliance specialist, you should exhibit extensive experience in regulatory compliance coordination and in-depth industry knowledge. An accomplished regulatory compliance specialist will be someone who can facilitate regulatory compliance to help our organization maintain an excellent reputation.
How You'll Help Us Win:
- Research and communicate safety and compliance requirements relating to current products, new product categories, and expansion of sales to new regions
- Partake in product development projects to make certain that safety, regulatory, and agency requirements are recognized and satisfied in target markets
- Take part in Product Quality Risk Assessments projects to spot and quantify safety and compliance risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Ensure that safety and compliance requirements are met in aspects of a product such as labeling, packaging artwork, and instruction booklets
- Assist in cost savings and continuous improvement projects to ensure that product safety and compliance is maintained
- Stay abreast with changes to regulatory and agency requirements, and recommend actions required to maintain compliance of active products
- Plan and execute ongoing testing and compliance documentation updates for active products
- Maintain records to support safety and compliance
- Support the investigation and problem solving for safety or compliance issues
- Contribute to policies and processes to assure safety and compliance
- Lead and direct internal product teams leadership and cross-functional teams on compliance-related issues.
- Assist with other company compliance regulations and requirements as needed.
What You'll Need To Succeed:
- Knowledge of International (EU) food regulations, labeling, and safety standards.
- Knowledge of food quality and safety standards and certifications (e.g. GFSI, BRC, FSSC 22000, HACCP).
- Experience developing, testing, and auditing product recall processes and procedures.
- Experience resolving vendor non-compliance, managing corrective action plans and holding contract manufacturers and inside resources responsible.
- Will Lead an effort in conjunction with Corporate Communications to prepare a communication plan in the event of a food safety incident or recall.
- Prefer membership in the Institute of Food Technologists or similar Industry Association.
- Able to lead and produce results with influence and expertise when not in direct authority.
- Provide leadership with Monthly report on Food Safety trends and Governmental decisions, rulings and enforcements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a new product approval process with focus on food safety.
Why You Will Love To Work Here:
- Be part of the most disruptive force in outdoor cooking
- Join a true team working towards a common goal
- Culture of risk-taking, innovation, & quality
- So. Much. Food.
- Have an outdoor lover’s paradise in your backyard
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- 401k to help you plan for the future
- Tuition reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs & initiatives to help you grow professionally
- Great discounts on all things Traeger
- Did we mention all the food?