Traeger Grills is the industry leader and originator of the Wood Pellet Grill! We provide a world-class culinary experience to our customers through our innovative 6-1 grill, providing the ability to Grill, Smoke, Bake, Roast, Braise & BBQ! We provide that same world-class experience to not only our customers, but also to our retail partners and vendors. Recently voted as a 2016 Best Company to Work For, and a Top 25 Fastest Growing Company by Utah Business Magazine, we are looking for motivated individuals who are eager to join our winning and growing team! If you have a passion for BBQ or great food, or are simply looking for a company that invests in you as an employee, with amazing benefits, apply today!
The Product Team Intern will work with the Traeger Product team to ensure the successful launch of new products. This job will require experience in mechanical design, heat transfer, data collection and an understanding of general mechanical principles. This role works closely with Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain to continuously meet customer needs and deliver multiple innovative products to our consumers. This position will assist in writing new Traeger Test Standards, specifications, and requirements critical to Traeger’s mission of being the market leader in pellet grill innovation. In addition, this role will design/executing tests in the lab and analyzing the data to help drive informed decisions. Under the direction of the Director of Performance Engineering and the Category Directors for Grills and Accessories, this intern position will help the team to meet demand on our products worldwide.
- Transfer consumer insights into consumer desired features and products that provide the category business teams a product innovation pipeline that delivers a best in class consumer experience.
- Perform various engineering evaluations through the collection of data
- Issue report and recommendations based on data, CAD modeling, Heat Transfer analysis, and Airflow CFD’s
- Prepare test fixtures, build a data acquisition system, and initiate component reliability testing according to a design of experiments
- Test prototype grills for performance verification, temperature stability and quality improvements
- Run testing according to our Traeger Test Standards (TTS’s), analyze and issue recommendations to the team.
- Contact vendors, suppliers, and manufactures to obtain product information
- 2-4 years of completed coursework in an engineering field
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly collaborative, team-driven work environment.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, SolidWorks, and LabView
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, adapt, and pivot according to a fast-paced work environment
- Eagerness to lead, participate, and be pro-active
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on existing and future products.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.