Traeger Grills, headquartered in Salt Lake City, has been revolutionizing BBQ grilling and outdoor cooking for 30 years. We obsess over providing world-class experiences to not only our customers, but also to our retail partners and vendors. Recently voted as a 2016,2017, & 2018 Best Company to Work For, and a Top 25 Fastest Growing Company by Utah Business Magazine, we’re looking for individuals who are committed to winning. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture based around teamwork, quality, innovation and constant growth and development. We cook together and we win together!
The IT Business Analyst role is crucial in the analysis, development, and support of technology solutions that solve business problems within Traeger’s enterprise application environment. The person in this position needs to be proactive in problem resolution for moderate to complex business problems, capable and willing to clearly articulate technical requirements, translating them from business requirements / needs, in written form, and serve as the subject-matter expert for a specific business unit they will be assigned. The IT Business Analyst manages projects and tasks for teams comprised of internal employees and external consultants in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What You'll Do:
- Project Management
- Portfolio Management
- Objectives & project scoping
- Facilitate communication
- Organization, plan, timeline
- Ensure transparency of project progress
- Budget remediation
- Assignment tracking & follow-up
- Deployment planning & coordination
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver systems enhancements.
- Support and upgrade implemented systems.
- Business Analysis
- Extract, identify, solicit requirements & rules
- Ensure impact and alignment of business requirements across systems
- Functional testing
- Data operations
- Architect innovative solutions to automate and scale business systems.
- Additional Detail:
- Define and manage project plans for each project and identify scope, critical path items, and cross project dependencies.
- Facilitate communication & participation from project stakeholders.
- Define, solicit, document and prioritize functional and business requirements
- Liaison between development and business users
- Documentation duties using tools like SharePoint, Jira, MS Office Suite, and diagramming tools
- Incident / ticket project management for assigned area
- Lead multiple projects and project teams simultaneously
- Development end-user documentation and train on technology solutions in assigned area
- Host status meetings, working sessions and any ad-hoc discussions required with development team and project stakeholders
- Testing and QA responsibilities that are not limited to, but include validating data, functional requirements adherence, business process and UI design
- Manage cross organization integration projects supplying critical data points, coordinating independent work streams while preserving operational effectiveness.
- Facilitate the development of strategic planning cycles that give the product & development leadership team a framework to ensure alignment on product strategy aligned with agile development methodology philosophy
- Work & collaborate effectively with geographically distributed IT development team while mainlining contact & communicating with onsite business users.
- Project Management
The IT Business Analyst has an amazing eye for detail, critical thinking, excellent organization and communication skills, and a can do attitude. Reliable to take initiative, lead project teams, and get the job done. Analyzes and leads technology solution implementations that solve real business need or opportunity and achieve company’s strategic objectives. Some important competencies include:
- Technical competencies:
- Technical / Digital enterprise project management
- Demonstrated expertise in SDLC principles. Ability to perform equally in agile, waterfall and hybrid of the two environments
- SQL skills
- Requirements gathering, soliciting, documentation, communication
- Functional and user acceptance testing techniques and methodologies
- Experience with ERP business processes
- Non-technical competencies:
- Professional documentation ability (written, verbal, diagramming)
- Analytical aptitude to assist with mining data and reports
- Ability to work well with both business and technical partners
- An exemplary organizational and creative problem-solving skill set
- Effective & comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication/escalation, time-management, prioritization, leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of retail business principles (order management, order fulfillment, inventory management, accounting and finance)
- Three years of experience implementing and customizing vendor software and/or building custom business related applications through full system implementation life-cycles (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support).
- Degree in BS or BA in a relevant field
- Experience in one or more Supply Chain functional areas (e.g. Inventory management, fulfillment management, working with 3PLs, etc).
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data and with SOX controls and change management processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Employee Discounts on all Traeger Products!
- Open-PTO Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs and initiatives that help you grow and develop professionally
- A positive and supportive team to work with
- Company provided meals throughout the week, Utah Gold Ski and SLC City Golf passes, Discounted Gym Memberships, generous Employee Discount Program, company sponsored Community Service opportunities, and much more!