Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling stylish customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail — at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, strong values centered around sustainability and equality, and a team culture that truly supports you — while giving you the freedom to work from wherever you are.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented Senior Data Scientist to be a part of a data-driven technology and fashion company. Our small team means you will have direct access all the way up to the C-suite and the freedom to tackle a wide variety of problems. In particular, our user-generated data gives search, information retrieval, and personalization all an added layer of complexity that you will be welcome to tackle with any tool in your toolbox.
Success in this role requires an individual who is self-directed and possesses the ability to own projects from idealization through to production. While we have support from our Engineering team, the fast paced experimentation in our world makes the ability to code at a production-ready level paramount. Solutions you develop will primarily leverage machine learning tools; however, descriptive analytics, A/B testing and data visualization also play a role in investigation and innovation. Additionally, our systems, warehouse and data pipelines live in Google Cloud -- experience in this ecosystem is an advantage.
This role reports directly to the Manager of the Data Science team.
- Leverage the unique aspects of our business to increase both buyer and seller engagement through machine learning techniques including entity embeddings, learn-to-rank, personalization algorithms and more.
- Work with marketing to determine the most effective media planning and buying, coupon and email strategies.
- Partner closely with marketing to continue to optimize and improve our attribution and forecasting algorithms.
- Use internal and external historical data to identify market trends, predict supply and demand, and optimize pricing.
- Be responsible for the entire lifecycle of projects; from gathering stakeholder requirements, determining the appropriate modeling approach, putting the model into production, and working with Product or Marketing to iterate on the results.
- Research and propose relevant mathematical and technical advancements to Data and Engineering team members to push the boundaries of our data science tech.
- 5-7+ years of work experience in a Data Scientist role.
- A college degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics, operations research, statistics, AI, ML, or a similar technical field; Masters and/or Ph.D. a plus
- Solid understanding of, and extensive practical experience using a variety of supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement machine learning algorithms.
- Strong coding ability in Python and SQL, including common packages such as scikit-learn, Pandas and matplotlib. Experience with lower-level languages, Spark, or development work is a plus.
- Extensive experience launching models into production and optimizing solutions towards clean and simple deployment
- The ability to explain not only results, but process, to both technical and non-technical business partners. This includes well-designed presentations, clear documentation, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- An excitement to help your teammates and coworkers; including an autonomous drive to stay up-to-date in the field and share applicable learnings to Tradesy at large.
- An established company with startup energy. We’ve been in operation for over a decade and have over one million active items on the site at a given time. This presents a massive amount of truly unique data to get down and dirty in.
- Dedicated to supporting our teammates’ careers. We believe in carving out your own path, at your own pace. There’s room at the top for all of us.
- Committed to collaboration. Data Science is a true cross-functional partner here at Tradesy. Data science solutions are appreciated here and thus made a priority when planning developers’ sprints. You WILL see your work in action.
- A remote-first work environment. At Tradesy, our employees are our biggest strength. The health, safety and well-being of our community is a top priority. Your work hours are flexible and yours to dictate; there’s no one looking over your virtual shoulder. We hold each other to high standards of work ethic and respect and expect that of anyone else we hire as well.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary -Commensurate with skill set, experience and the position. What you made at your last job should not dictate your worth. Tradesy is committed to a basic living wage threshold and holds its own $50k minimum wage standard for entry level positions.
- True opportunity for growth - we don’t believe in time served or waiting around for your manager to get promoted or leave. Carve out your own path, at your pace - there’s room at the top for all of us.
- Comprehensive health benefits - several options for company paid medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans. Tradesy pays 100% of the premiums for individuals - great discounts if you want to add spouse/children/families.
- Wealth benefits - 401k option and equity (stock options) because every employee should be an owner.
- Flexible paid time off - we coordinate with each other to make sure work and play find a healthy balance.
- Celebrate Diversity Paid Holiday Program - a combination of set and floating Company Holidays - so you can choose the days most meaningful to you. Extra paid time off to serve (jury duty) and VOTE as well!
- Mentorship opportunities - grow within your field, gain valuable skills and experience in a new one or become a change agent for those around you - all on Company time.
- Paid Parental Leave - for Moms, Dads and everything in between
- Remote-friendly office - Work from the place that best works for you.
- Flexible working hours - night owl? Got kids/pets/family obligations? We value your output, not the clock.
- Virtual company-wide happy hours, product demos, support groups and team events. Philanthropy and community outreach too - we are constantly finding new ways to stay meaningfully connected in this virtual world.
- Free Health & Wellness App Subscription- fitness, mindfulness, stretching, stress management, nutrition and so much more.
- Monthly technology reimbursement - $100 per month (tax free!) to help you stay connected and in touch