At Trade we want to inspire better brewing, and we believe that starts by connecting our customers to the best craft roasters. Through Trade, customers can discover new coffee and support local while small, independent roasters get access to new consumers nationwide. As part of the Trade team, you'll collaborate with a group of caring, passionate, and high-performing people to realize our vision while fostering a culture where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives and feel good about the work they're doing.
Trade is hiring for a senior Finance leader to join the Executive Leadership Team. Reporting to the CEO, this person will be responsible for all of the company’s financial matters, including primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. The VP of Finance will have direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, budget optimization, deal analysis and negotiations.
We have strong financial controls (audit, closing processes, standardized reporting, etc) and a clean data environment, so this person will be directly accountable for key accounting procedures, but will not be expected to stand them up from scratch.
- Provide leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Ensure credibility by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions for the organization
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with leadership so as to identify their needs and seek a full range of business solutions
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Manage all board-facing communications and reporting
- Oversee cash flow, cash management, working capital, and company audits
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Ensure legal compliance of all financial functions
- Manage relationships with banks
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience highly preferred
- 7+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in a fast paced consumer facing technology environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and financial systems and software.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- CPA or MBA a plus
- $500 a year to spend on amazing coffee!
- To be involved in building an early-stage company with an experienced leadership team
- A meaningful equity package, representing an opportunity to participate in what you build with an ownership mentality
- Opportunities to personally shape this new and innovative marketplace
- Competitive salary and vacation offering
- (Amazing) health benefits and 401K