At Trade we want to inspire better brewing, and we believe that starts by connecting our customers to the best craft roasters. Through Trade, customers can discover new coffee and support local while small, independent roasters get access to new consumers nationwide. As part of the Trade team, you'll collaborate with a group of caring, passionate, and high-performing people to realize our vision while fostering a culture where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives and feel good about the work they're doing.
As a Jr. Graphic Designer at Trade, within the Brand and Marketing team, you’ll use your strong graphic design and production skills to build high quality design deliverables within existing templates for emails, blog post heroes, social media, and other digital and print projects, as well as concept and design original email content.
You’ll work across Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Klaviyo to produce, proof, and ship content in a fast-paced startup environment. You’ll collaborate with Trade’s email marketing manager, social media manager, and content strategist - under the direction of a senior designer. If you’re a total coffee nerd, with a strong work ethic and passion for brand and design, Trade is the right place for you.
- Build-out emails, blog post heros, social media posts, and other digital and print deliverables based on pre-existing templates – while upholding high graphic design, file quality, and organizational standards
- Translate plain copy text into exquisite type hierarchies
- Uphold type, color, composition, and image selection standards across all projects
- Design new emails, and email components based on Trade’s brand aesthetic
- Select, edit, crop, and save out photos
- Build and maintain non-destructive working files within a shared file system
- Occasionally produce, and shepherd the creation of dynamic email designs – in which you will provide clear direction to, and work in close collaboration with an external front-end engineering team
- Collaborate with Trade’s email manager, copywriter/content strategist, and social media manager to complete projects
- Learn a ton about coffee
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong foundational graphic design skills; with an emphasis on type, layout, color, and design systems
- Performance focused email design experience
- Advanced Sketch, Photoshop, & Illustrator skills. The ability to work in Photoshop using non-destructive layer building techniques including a strong understanding of layer and clipping masks
- Excellent typography skills. You can set a great rag, and create hierarchy within any chunk of text
- A knowledge of file quality and file saving best practices. If someone sends you a 72dpi image for a print project, you send it right back and ask for a different file
- Basic skills in After Effects, Final Cut, or other animation and video editing software
- A solid foundational understanding of HTML & CSS principles and structure
- A very strong eye for image selection, and image cropping. As well as photo editing skills
- Knowledge of Klaviyo, and/or openness to learning the program for email design and editing
- The ability to design within templates, and an appreciation for the zen of production work
- Experience with Gsuite
- 2+ years experience working in a design startup or eCommerce environment
Great to have:
- HTML & CSS coding skills
- Familiarity with, and enthusiasm for producing content for TikTok
- Experience working with Shutterstock, or Getty Images
- $500 a year to spend on amazing coffee!
- To be involved in building an early-stage company with an experienced leadership team
- Opportunities to personally shape this new and innovative marketplace
- Competitive salary and vacation offering
- Health benefits and 401K