At Trade we want to inspire better brewing, and we believe that starts by connecting our customers to the best craft roasters. Through Trade, customers can discover new coffee and support local while small, independent roasters get access to new consumers nationwide. As part of the Trade team, you'll collaborate with a group of caring, passionate, and high-performing people to realize our vision while fostering a culture where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives and feel good about the work they're doing.
We are looking for a highly motivated accounting professional who wants to grow with a young, quickly scaling business. Someone who is technical, reliable, accountable, has great attention to detail, and a high level of integrity. You are someone who has experience with accounting software (ie Quickbooks, Peachtree or Netsuite) and Microsoft apps.
As our Staff Accountant, you'll be responsible for a range of both Accounting and some analytical responsibilities:
Key Accounting responsibilities will include AP, AR, data entry, monthly GL entries, communication with vendors, reporting and reconciliation of payments, credit cards and our bank accounts.
Analytical responsibilities will include record keeping, accuracy of the entries being made, assessing fluctuations in our AP accounts, making sure all transactions are aligned with internal checks and have gained approval before generating any payments.
Reporting to our Senior Accounting Manager; along with gaining mentorship from the Director of Finance & Strategy, you will own the organization’s AP and AR functions, data entry, credit card payments, vendor communication and overall best practices relating to the integrity of the financial statements. You will be responsible for making sure that all things (AR & AP) are posted timely and with accuracy.
Since we are a growing business and evolving, we'll be thrilled to hear your recommendations on process improvements and overall operational performance as you leave your footprint on the team. We’re counting on you to manage robust systems for collecting, verifying, analyzing, and reporting information on our AP/AR and GL entries, while ensuring we are compliant with regulations and following best practices.
- Run AP reports to identify invoices falling due based on the vendor payment plans. Compile reports for review and then initiate payments via MineralTree (Our Online AP payments platform).
- Manage completeness of vendor terms, vendor balances, payment methods and recording of all vendor invoices.
- Ensure data integrity for assigned accounts, including understanding of required internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist in the development of GAAP compliant documentation of internal controls.
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis, and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results.
- Assist with external audit requests and 1099’s – yearly.
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity.
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Treasury, IT, Marketing, and Supply Chain.
- Oversee record keeping of information/backup files related to accounting and reporting; e.g. uploading backups to Netsuite and Dropbox for all payments made and received - To make sure on the completeness of records, and the record keeping process.
- Assist with ad-hoc accounting & finance projects, and analysis as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent with a strong knowledge of GAAP.
- 1+ years of professional experience in accounting or a related field
- Strong Microsoft office skills, specifically excel skills, including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience with Netsuite or other cloud-based Accounting platform, or willingness and ability to learn; i.e. Quickbooks online.
- Experience with MineralTree is a plus.
- A-player who's ready to work hard and get the job done
- Unconcerned with titles or labels; you know that good ideas can come from anywhere
- Motivated to join a team that prioritizes open communication, productive disagreement, and committed cooperation
- Equally comfortable in the role of leader as you are in the role of contributor
- Bought into the idea that work should be a fun, safe, and rewarding place for all team members
- Excited to get nerdy about specialty coffee
- $500 a year to spend on amazing coffee!
- To be involved in building an early-stage company with an experienced leadership team
- Opportunities to personally shape this new and innovative marketplace
- Competitive salary and vacation offering
- Health benefits and 401K