At Trade we want to inspire better brewing, and we believe that starts by connecting our customers to the best craft roasters. Through Trade, customers can discover new coffee and support local while small, independent roasters get access to new consumers nationwide. As part of the Trade team, you'll collaborate with a group of caring, passionate, and high-performing people to realize our vision while fostering a culture where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives and feel good about the work they're doing.
Trade's data team sits at the core of the business and works closely with every vertical.
Broadly, we have three mandates:
Build data-driven products for both our main consumer product and internal operational applications (examples include recommendation systems, personalization systems, allocation tools, etc.)
Ensure efficient and democratized access to well-organized data across the organization so that each team can ask and answer questions independently with confidence.
Cultivate a company culture that prioritizes experimentation, statistics, and modeling to inform decision-making and strategy.
Our data team is looking for an Analytics Engineer to own Trade's data infrastructure, including but not limited to our ETL process, warehousing strategy, ML workflows, and external data tooling (i.e. Amplitude, etc.). Trade collects and models a series of unique datasets, such as users' taste preferences, roasters' coffee assortments, and our own (expertly) tasted coffee attributes for every coffee that is added to our platform. As the owner of Trade's data domain, you will partner closely with data scientists, engineers, and analysts to advise and execute on the storing, modeling, and consumption of Trade's data.
- Work directly with leaders across the org to understand their analytics and BI needs, and then translate these needs into efficient, scalable solutions.
- Own Trade's data platforms, and ultimately the evolution of our modern data stack.
- Develop and maintain data workflows that ingest, validate, test and model data to support analytics and business needs. Build strategic solutions that are scalable and ensure employees are able to ask and answer their own questions.
- Partner with product and engineering to improve infrastructure surrounding data collection.
- Advance modern, agile software development practices and help build data engineering and organizational best practices.
- 3+ years of experience working as an analytics engineer, data scientist, data engineer, or similar
- Expert SQL knowledge, ability to write efficient and optimized code
- Experience with:
- Database system design and modeling techniques such as entity-relationship diagrams and dependency management
- Evaluating key tradeoffs between various modeling strategies
- Statistical inference and modeling (even better if with subscription data)
- ELT tool (i.e. DBT)
- Data warehouse solutions (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery)
- Cloud data pipelines (i.e. Stitch, Fivetran)
- Python for data processing, specifically in a production environment
- $500 a year to spend on amazing coffee!
- To be involved in building an early-stage company with an experienced leadership team
- Opportunities to personally shape this new and innovative marketplace
- Competitive salary and vacation offering
- Health benefits and 401K