At Trade we want to inspire better brewing, and we believe that starts by connecting our customers to the best craft roasters. Through Trade, customers can discover new coffee and support local while small, independent roasters get access to new consumers nationwide. As part of the Trade team, you'll collaborate with a group of caring, passionate, and high-performing people to realize our vision while fostering a culture where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives and feel good about the work they're doing.
Having shipped its 2 millionth bag, Trade is accelerating the growth of specialty coffee to the benefit of consumers and roasters across the country. This role will create an end-to-end customer retention program from the ground up to increase lifetime value and reduce churn.
The role will develop customer-centric strategies and tactics to drive retention and engagement through personalization and cohort management. This will include a focus on personalized, cohort-based messaging deployed on a triggered and one-time basis across multiple marketing channels.
- Lead the retention and segmentation strategy for Trade across our core touchpoints (email, SMS and digital product)
- Own and develop the automated lifecycle experience from lead (new to list, site visitor) to customer/subscriber to lifetime subscriber
- Create and execute data-driven, dynamic campaigns for e-commerce conversion (cart/browse abandon, reengagement, onboarding, upsell flows) as well as seasonal, timely campaigns
- Work closely with the digital product and brand marketing teams to implement a number of product marketing and customer experience optimization initiatives based on identified retention-driving behaviors
- Partner with the Data Science team to determine key leading drivers for retention, identifying audience targets key to subscription growth and building out segmentation strategies
- Develop and build out our strategy for increasing CLV through loyalty, referral, and repeat purchasing programs
- Collaborate with product teams to innovate meaningful benefits or features to grow our subscriber base, decrease churn, and maximize our customer lifetime value for Trade members
- Develop the GTM plan for key CRM marketing initiatives based on a deep understanding of our customer and customer experience
- Deploy a scalable framework for continuous A/B testing to improve user/customer retention
- Participate in the creative process to guide the development of campaign creative
- Measure and report on results of marketing and segmentation efforts assessing results against relevant KPIs and size opportunities for scale.
- 5+ years of experience in lifecycle marketing, retention planning, and strategy
- Managed and developed a team of marketers
- Experience working in a DTC subscription business a plus
- A deep understanding of the e-commerce and consumer subscription funnels
- Experience defining user and customer segmentation strategies
- A customer-centric mindset and the ability to understand Trade’s target consumer
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with ESPs and segmentation tools (Klaviyo, Simon Data, Iterable)
- An entrepreneurial spirit, you’re a driven self-starter who takes initiative to explore
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a measurable track-record of success, supported by ROI outcomes
- $500 a year to spend on amazing coffee!
- To be involved in building an early-stage company with an experienced leadership team
- Opportunities to personally shape this new and innovative marketplace
- Competitive salary and vacation offering
- Health benefits and 401K