About The Company
TradeBlock is the leading institutional digital assets trading platform. TradeBlock provides standardized connectivity and a powerful suite of tools to capture the end-to-end trade lifecycle for liquidity providers, asset managers, corporate clients, and exchanges, among others.
About the Job
Our engineers build and maintain the technology underpinning our OTC trading platform. They are responsible for core software development, data ingestion, transformation, and distribution, as well as measuring and improving the performance of our systems.
We are seeking a results-oriented database engineer to help optimize the performance of our organization's databases. You will be enhancing our data storage capacity, writing new support programs and scripts, and troubleshooting database code.
To ensure success as a database engineer, you should exhibit knowledge of best practices in database management and experience in a similar role. A top-notch database engineer will be someone whose database optimization skills translate into the efficient flow of information throughout an organization.
- Maintaining and enhancing the performance of existing database programs.
- Assisting database development teams in designing new database programs that meet the organization's data storage needs.
- Monitoring databases and related systems to ensure optimized performance.
- Writing new support programs and scripts to increase data storage capacity.
- Reviewing database and user reports, as well as system information.
- Performing debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Mentoring database administrators and providing them with technical support.
- Adhering to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and archiving data.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Keeping abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering.
- A minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in database engineering.
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture.
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Python language skills
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge or experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, On-prem)
- Knowledge of Data Structures & Algorithms
- Experience with Linux experience
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, information technology, computer science, or similar preferred.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Applicable licensing, certification, and registration strongly preferred
- Knowledge with crypto currencies, FX, or capital markets.*
- Knowledge with Redis or other Caching technologies
- 90% of Medical, Dental, Vision costs covered by TradeBlock (Coverage starts from day one)
- 401k Match w/ 5% company match
- Flexible PTO (Taking time off is important and encouraged)
- Opportunities for Equity in Digital Currency Group
- Paid Family Leave for mothers and fathers
- All new employees get a brand-new laptop and peripherals at TradeBlock's expense