TrackTik is a Montreal-based SaaS scale-up company developing and commercializing a workforce and operations management solution for the security industry. We bring the power of data, analytics, and automation to security operations management worldwide: we’re helping security managers work smarter, get better returns and provide more value to their customers.
As a Deployment Specialist, you work with the team to elaborate a robust packaging and versioning strategy and execute it. You are responsible for moving the organization toward a more automated, DevOps-ready posture. You are the person most likely to have to think “on-their-feet” when a deployment doesn’t work as planned.You can make an instant decision to Go/No-Go with the Development Team. Tracktik is planning the transition of his monolithic architecture to a microservices one. As Release Specialist, you will have a central role in the roll out of tooling, processes and mindset evolution needed to support this strategic transition.
- Define and manage various code branches and versioning strategy: you are a GitMaster
- Accompany Scrum teams in the continuous improvement about automation of the deployments from local to staging environments, QA environments, and highly available production environments.
- Defining release workflow and work with team to implement release best practices
- Accompany Tracktik in the implementation of tools needed to support our microservices architecture.
- Communicate with Database Administrators and other roles dedicated to support storing, networking, and database systems.
- Accompany all new application architectures and deployments with contingency plans and deployment playbooks to execute in case of failure.
- Support Scrum teams to prepare specialized deployment processes to support disaster recovery and business continuity scenarios.
- Conduct quarterly reviews of deployment activities and deployment operations.
- Identify root cause for deployment-related downtime and participate in after-action reviews for production deployment activities.
Skills & Experience
- Strong experience with Git - CI/CD in a SaaS environment.
- Experience in mobile apps deployment : Android and iOS.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience in microservices environments.
- 3+ years of experience in web development, deployment and support.
- Strong project management or supervisory skills.
- Experience working in a virtual cloud environment, implementing various AWS cloud solutions.
- Experienced in Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
- Ability to share information with technical and non-technical peers and transfer knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines/SLA agreements (on-time delivery, customer service and quality of execution are key performance measures).
- Code refactoring experience and performance tuning experience.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Group insurance benefits, matching for your RRSP contribution and 3 weeks of vacation from your first year onwards
- Work-life integration
- Team building activities, even at a distance, and celebration of professional and personal accomplishments
- When we are not working remotely, access to a gorgeous office with massage chairs, a flight simulator, a mini-gym, an office garden, as well as snacks and gourmet coffee everyday.
Are you ready to join passionate people who live by the TrackTik values: we take action, act as owners, lead by example, achieve the impossible, live with integrity and at the end of the day keep it simple and have fun!