TrackTik is a Montreal-based SaaS scale-up company developing and commercializing an integrated workforce management solution that secures over 200,000 facilities in more than 35 countries. We are the industry's only all-in-one solution and market leader when it comes to bringing the power of data, analytics, and automation to security operations management worldwide. Thanks to TrackTik, we’re helping security managers work smarter, get better returns and provide more value to their customers.
As a Functional Analyst, you are part of the Development team and you are a key actor in knowledge transfer across technical teams via thorough technical analysis. Whether you come from a formal technical background or have learned the ropes during your career, concepts such as API, systems engineering and object-oriented programming have no secrets for you. You understand our sub-modules and the context in which they are used which makes it possible to explain their function.
- Translate business needs in diagrams using UML
- Create technical solutions and optimize processes
- Data and process modeling, creation of use case diagrams and document architecture
- Model RESTful API object definitions and be part of the data model creation upfront to our API development.
- Create a standardized format for capturing system specifications in Confluence.
- Create a systematic way for defining priorities to assist in decision-making
- When needed, reverse-engineer parts of the code
- Lead analysis activities, present findings and propose solutions/alternatives.
- Work in a transversal approach with Software Architecture, Technical Leads, Development and Product Owners to define and translate the requirements and document them into technical solutions (i.e. data model)
- Support developers during Agile Sprints, clarifying acceptance criteria as needed.
- Assess the functional and technical requirements related to integration projects
- Working with the team, you will define scope; identify, create, update use cases and acceptance criteria, and provide functional specifications
- Assist with the SR&ED documentation and claim process
- Assist with the onboarding of new developers.
Your Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience as an effective business analyst, functional analyst, programmer analyst or equivalent in a tech company
- Experience defining requirements and mapping processes.
- Experience with Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Experience in working with open APIs and middleware
- Proven ability to render complex topics easy to understand
- Good interviewer, fast learner, and proven ability to explain complex subjects in simple terms.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity, self-starter, and excellent at communicating with different stakeholders
- Proficiency in situational analysis, extensive problem-solving skills, and superior time management skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, be organized, with an eye for prioritization
- Experience or personal interest in analytics and data.
- SaaS experience, an asset.
- Very good writing and verbal skills in English.
- Comprehensive health and dental plans from day 1
- An Employer Assistance Program
- Telemedicine 24/7
- Matching for your RRSP contributions
- Long-term access to teleworking
- One paid volunteer day a year
- One additional day of vacation per year of service
- Referral bonuses
- When we are not working remotely, access to a recently-renovated office in Montreal including a mini-gym, massage chairs, snacks and gourmet coffee everyday
- Team building activities, even at a distance, and celebration of professional and personal accomplishments
If you are motivated to make a difference and thrive on teamwork, creativity and problem solving, we want to hear from you!