TrackTik is a Montreal-based SaaS scale-up company developing and commercializing a workforce and operations management solution for the security industry. Today, we secure over 210,000 facilities in more than 35 countries. We bring the power of data, analytics, and automation to security operations management worldwide: we’re helping security managers work smarter, get better returns and provide more value to their customers.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the technical direction for your team.This is a hands-on development role that will challenge your experience with management, design, development of new features and functionality code maintenance. The ideal candidate will be skilled in backend PHP development and have experience leading others, or a strong desire to gain that experience, to deliver projects with Agile methodologies.
- Lead a team of 6 developers and own a specific development project;
- Set the technical direction for the team and build new features based on the product roadmap;
- Implement development processes and own the operations for the services your team builds;
- Develop new modules and features for the TrackTik SaaS application;
- Advocate best practices in both design and the underlying code with a focus on quality organization, and automation;
- Deliver request for specific client in a timely manner;
- Manage internal relationship with other departments;
- Analyze current industry market and potential assets for the system;
- Participating in the On-Call rotation schedule and collaborate with SRE members on an ongoing-basis.
Your Skills & Experience
- Software engineering degree and 5+ years of PHP back-end development experience
- Experience leading software development teams of 3 to 8 developers in an Agile environment is a strong asset
- Experience building modular code with leading web MVC frameworks
- Strong experience with applications design and development practices
- Experience with a PHP Framework
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Open Source APIs
- Experience with the deployment of web applications on Amazon AWS
- Strong business judgment and record of making the right decisions
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Self-starter with a lot of initiative; we won’t be watching your every move, show us what you’ve got!
- Very good at what you do, but humble about it
- Group insurance benefits, matching for your RRSP contribution and 3 weeks of vacation from your first year onwards
- Work-life integration
- Team building activities, even at a distance, and celebration of professional and personal accomplishments
- When we are not working remotely, access to a gorgeous office with massage chairs, a flight simulator, a mini-gym, an office garden, as well as snacks and gourmet coffee everyday.
Are you ready to join passionate people who live by the TrackTik values: we take action, act as owners, lead by example, achieve the impossible, live with integrity and at the end of the day keep it simple and have fun!