TrackTik is a Montreal-based SaaS scale-up company developing and commercializing a workforce and operations management solution for the security industry.
In 2021 and 2022 we were named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium-Sized Employers. We are proud of our people driven culture & philosophy. We nurture it through our core values: Accountability, Inclusive Collaboration, Service Excellence, Be True and Encouraging Innovation - while offering a safe and diverse workplace to our people.
TrackTik keeps its employees' experience as a priority and offers a flexible working environment where we promote opportunities for you to find optimal balance and integration. Either working remotely anywhere in Canada, enjoying our office space in Montreal or even setting up a temporary office abroad (some guidelines and policies will apply).
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the technical direction for your team.This is a hands-on development role that will challenge your experience with management, design, development of new features and functionality code maintenance. The ideal candidate will be skilled in backend PHP development and have experience leading others, or a strong desire to gain that experience, to deliver projects with Agile methodologies.
- Lead a team of 6 developers and own a specific development project;
- Set the technical direction for the team and build new features based on the product roadmap;
- Implement development processes and own the operations for the services your team builds;
- Develop new modules and features for the TrackTik SaaS application;
- Advocate best practices in both design and the underlying code with a focus on quality organization, and automation;
- Deliver request for specific client in a timely manner;
- Manage internal relationship with other departments;
- Analyze current industry market and potential assets for the system;
- Participating in the On-Call rotation schedule and collaborate with SRE members on an ongoing-basis.
Your Skills & Experience
- Software engineering degree and 5+ years of PHP back-end development experience
- Experience leading software development teams of 3 to 8 developers in an Agile environment is a strong asset
- Experience building modular code with leading web MVC frameworks
- Strong experience with applications design and development practices
- Experience with a PHP Framework
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Open Source APIs
- Experience with the deployment of web applications on Amazon AWS
- Strong business judgment and record of making the right decisions
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Self-starter with a lot of initiative; we won’t be watching your every move, show us what you’ve got!
- Very good at what you do, but humble about it
- Comprehensive health and dental plans from day 1
- An Employer Assistance Program for you and your dependents
- Telemedicine 24/7
- Matching for your RRSP contributions
- One paid volunteer day a year
- One additional day of vacation per year of service with our TrackTik days
- Referral bonuses
- Flexible working environment: Option to work fully remotely from anywhere in Canada and/or to enjoy our Montreal office if located nearby.
- International remote-work policies in place
- Team building activities and celebration of professional and personal accomplishments
Are you ready to join passionate people who live by the TrackTik values: Accountability, Inclusive Collaboration, Service Excellence, Be True and Encouraging Innovation?