TrackTik is a Montreal-based SaaS scale-up company developing and commercializing a workforce and operations management solution for the security industry. We bring the power of data, analytics, and automation to security operations management worldwide: we’re helping security managers work smarter, get better returns and provide more value to their customers.
As TrackTik’s Software Architect, you will be in charge of designing and creating architectures for technical solutions that meet the needs of business clients and drive overall business value. You will be reporting to our VP Technology.
While providing technical solutions and architectural leadership to members of cross-functional teams, you will work collaboratively in an Agile environment with a focus on continuous improvement.You thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process.
- Develop innovative, highly scalable and reliable solutions for the TrackTik Saas application based on the product roadmap, the requirements of the stakeholders and best practices in the industry;
- Be responsible for the Target Architecture and make sure that the designs meet the company’s requirements;
- Solve architectural and design problems that are in line with organisational guidelines and address other concerns where necessary;
- Recommend new policies and standards and improve existing ones;
- Advocate best practices in both design and the underlying code with a focus on quality, organization, and automation;
- Work with development teams to create, scale, and deliver new features and services across web, android and ios applications;
- Support Scrum teams during development and testing, providing input on design, approach tools, techniques, etc.;
- Analyze current industry market and potential assets for the system.
Your Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience designing and building software applications in PHP (or other OOP languages);
- Design experience with Open Source APIs;
- Approach to design and coding adhering to OOP principles and Test-Driven Development;
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments;
- Experience evolving a monolithic software to a microservices architecture;
- Cloud platform knowledge (AWS);
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration platforms;
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases;
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum), DevOps practices, CI/CD;
- Ability to read, and generate UML based documentation;
- Experience developing Proof of Concept;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects;
- Self-starter with a lot of initiative; we won’t be watching your every move, show us what you’ve got!;
- Very good at what you do, but humble about it;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and master frequently changing web technologies and techniques.
- Group insurance benefits, matching for your RRSP contribution and 3 weeks of vacation from your first year onwards
- Work-life integration
- Team building activities, even at a distance, and celebration of professional and personal accomplishments
- When we are not working remotely, access to a gorgeous office with massage chairs, a flight simulator, a mini-gym, an office garden, as well as snacks and gourmet coffee everyday.
Are you ready to join passionate people who live by the TrackTik values: we take action, act as owners, lead by example, achieve the impossible, live with integrity and at the end of the day keep it simple and have fun!