TrackTik is a Montreal-based SaaS scale-up company developing and commercializing a workforce and operations management solution for the security industry. Today, we secure over 210,000 facilities in more than 35 countries. We bring the power of data, analytics, and automation to security operations management worldwide: we’re helping security managers work smarter, get better returns and provide more value to their customers.
As a Database Administrator you provide operational and development support to the TrackTik services. You own, track and resolve database-related incidents and requests, respond to database-related alerts and escalations and work with various departments to create strategic solutions to recurring problems, fulfill service requests within SLA’s, and review service related reports (audits, monitoring, backups, etc.). You will also be assisting the DevOps team in tasks relating to database system administration and integration with our deployment and automation tools.
- Maintain the availability and continuity of the databases;
- Manage database back-up, restoration and archiving;
- Ensure the integrity of databases in accordance with security procedures and strategies;
- Conduct capacity analysis of databases;
- Correct incidents and participate in problem analysis and implementation of solutions;
- Ensure the delivery of procedures documentation and system configuration and maintain them up to date;
- Review, document, test and deploy database governance guidelines across multiple platforms;
- Participate in audits for databases;
- Participate in the analysis and implementation of projects, for instance to improve database performance;
- Assist DevOps and SysAdmin operations (Linux System Administration & DevOps work)
- Develop the technical skills of the team;
Skills & Experience
- 1+ year of experience in database administration
- 1+ year of experience with MySQL
- Experience in a Linux environment
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Open to answer emergencies on call. Rotation within the team.
- Fluent English; French is an asset
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS) is an asset
- A great location at the crossing of Rachel and St Laurent in a recently-renovated office
- Group insurance benefits, matching for your RRSP contribution and 3 weeks of vacation from your first year onwards
- Don’t bring your lunch Tuesdays as well as fresh fruit, snacks and gourmet coffee everyday
- An office garden with fresh basil, mint, kale and tomatoes, to name a few
- A mini-gym and shower
- Two massage chairs
- A flight simulator
- Team building activities
- Celebration of professional and personal accomplishments every last Friday of the month
Are you ready to join passionate people who live by the TrackTik values: we take action, act as owners, lead by example, achieve the impossible, live with integrity and at the end of the day keep it simple and have fun!