TrackTik is a Montreal-based SaaS scale-up company developing and commercializing a workforce and operations management solution for the security industry. Today, we secure over 210,000 facilities in more than 35 countries. We bring the power of data, analytics, and automation to security operations management worldwide: we’re helping security managers work smarter, get better returns and provide more value to their customers.
As TrackTik’s Legal Counsel, you have the opportunity to get familiar with legal activities across all departments of the company. Most of your role will be focused on drafting and negotiating commercial agreements but you will also be in charge of leading legal efforts across the company and liaising with legal experts. You will provide legal guidance to management about issues ranging including but not limited to employment, risk, intellectual property, and governance.
- Manage and direct all day-to-day legal activities including contracts, corporate governance, regulatory, intellectual property, privacy and internal support for sales, client success, operations, talent and finance teams;
- Prepare, draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts and provide legal advice regarding the associated risks;
- Manage external counsel engagements and coordinate with the key stakeholders internally when external advice is required;
- Work hand in hand with our IT & Security teams to develop programs for governance, risk and compliance, with a specific focus on IT, privacy and cybersecurity programs, incident management and response;
- Ensure insurance coverage is adequate and renewed periodically, and liaise with insurance broker for specific requests and projects; and
- Support financing and corporate development activities which could include strategic partnerships, geographic expansion and potential M&A.
Your Skills & Experience
- Law degree and member of the Barreau du Québec
- 5+ years in a law firm with in-house / secondment experience
- Bilingual in French and English: you’ll be drafting and reviewing contracts in both languages
- Strong drafting, communication and negotiation skills
- A great location at the crossing of Rachel and St Laurent in a recently-renovated office
- Group insurance benefits, matching for your RRSP contribution and 3 weeks of vacation from your first year onwards
- Don’t bring your lunch Tuesdays as well as fresh fruit, snacks and gourmet coffee everyday
- An office garden with fresh basil, mint, kale and tomatoes, to name a few
- A mini-gym and shower
- Two massage chairs
- A flight simulator
- Team building activities
- Celebration of professional and personal accomplishments every last Friday of the month
Are you ready to join passionate people who live by the TrackTik values: we take action, act as owners, lead by example, achieve the impossible, live with integrity and at the end of the day keep it simple and have fun!