TrackTik is a Montreal-based SaaS scale-up company developing and commercializing an integrated workforce management solution that secures over 200,000 facilities in more than 35 countries. Thanks to TrackTik, we’re helping security managers work smarter, get better returns and provide more value to their customers.
We have been ranked among LinkedIn’s Top 25 Startups in Canada and are among the Top 50 Fastest Growing Startups in Canada based on revenue by Deloitte for a fourth year in a row. Join us to help us scale our success!
As TrackTik’s Legal Counsel, you have the opportunity to get familiar with legal activities across all departments of the company. Most of your role will be focused on drafting and negotiating commercial agreements but you will also be in charge of leading legal efforts across the company and liaising with legal experts. You will provide legal guidance to management about issues ranging including but not limited to employment, risk, intellectual property, and governance.
- Manage and direct all day-to-day legal activities including contracts, corporate governance, regulatory, intellectual property, privacy and internal support for sales, client success, operations, talent and finance teams;
- Prepare, draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts and provide legal advice regarding the associated risks;
- Manage external counsel engagements and coordinate with the key stakeholders internally when external advice is required;
- Work hand in hand with our IT & Security teams to develop programs for governance, risk and compliance, with a specific focus on IT, privacy and cybersecurity programs, incident management and response;
- Ensure insurance coverage is adequate and renewed periodically, and liaise with insurance broker for specific requests and projects; and
- Support financing and corporate development activities which could include strategic partnerships, geographic expansion and potential M&A.
Your Skills & Experience
- Law degree and member of the Barreau du Québec
- 5+ years in a law firm with in-house / secondment experience
- Bilingual in French and English: you’ll be drafting and reviewing contracts in both languages
- Strong drafting, communication and negotiation skills
If you are motivated to make a difference and thrive on teamwork, creativity and problem solving, we want you as part of our family!