TrackTik is a Montreal-based SaaS scale-up company developing and commercializing a workforce and operations management solution for the security industry. Today, we secure over 210,000 facilities in more than 35 countries. We bring the power of data, analytics, and automation to security operations management worldwide: we’re helping security managers work smarter, get better returns and provide more value to their customers.
As a Scrum Master you have exceptional time management skills to facilitate all aspects of the team's planning and prioritization process. Leveraging your knowledge of the Agile platform and tools, you will have the ability to coach the team on Agile and Scrum principles with the purpose of continuously improve in these disciplines. Through coaching and support of the individual team members you will foster an environment where individuals recognize and value the importance of team success.
- Actively observe team dynamics, to recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coach them to improve
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be addressed without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Help team members improve individual performance in support of team goals
- Effectively cooperates with Product Owner and Technical Leader to create an environment in which the team can increase productivity, quality, and predictability
- Collaborate closely with back and front-end developers working in PHP and Vue.js (respectively)
- Take ownership in resolving impediments that the team can’t resolve by themselves
- Provide a buffer between the software engineering team and outside interferences so that the team can remain focused on delivering business value
- Responsible for operational excellence by facilitating backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily scrum, and sprint reviews
- Monitors and supports scrum meetings through continuous improvement of agile execution
- Help the team recognize modest but steady operational improvement through the introduction of best practices to solve observed challenges
- Facilitate the Definition of Ready and Definition of Done criteria for all stories
- Tend to Impediment Resolution by advocating for the team and personally trying to remove impediments or by seeking help from outside the team
- Inter-team Coordination and Collaboration by helping identify and track user story dependencies between scrum teams
- Eliminate roadblocks and create focus on accomplishing goals
- Ensure that sprint results and team performance is communicated accurately
Your Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience as an agile coach or scrum master - where scrum principles, practices and theory were diligently applied
- Asset: practical experience in software development and/or project management and/or business (system) analysis or other relevant professional experience
- Project / Program delivery in Agile environment (medium-to-large scale initiatives) using influence to facilitate outcomes
- Enthusiastic - high-energy and inspire others to deliver value while having fun as a team
- Group insurance benefits, matching for your RRSP contribution and 3 weeks of vacation from your first year onwards
- Work-life integration
- Team building activities, even at a distance, and celebration of professional and personal accomplishments
- When we are not working remotely, access to a gorgeous office with massage chairs, a flight simulator, a mini-gym, an office garden, as well as snacks and gourmet coffee everyday.
Are you ready to join passionate people who live by the TrackTik values: we take action, act as owners, lead by example, achieve the impossible, live with integrity and at the end of the day keep it simple and have fun!