You are a generalist who has a deep understanding of what it takes to create a robust mission critical and secure website. You are at ease using PHP and MVC Frameworks, APIs to construct the backbone of web applications. You speak in SQL scripts. You have a habit of writing tests for every functionality you write. You have experimented deployment of web application on Amazon AWS. Then you are the perfect fit!
- Develop new modules and features for the TrackTik SaaS application
- Build new features based on the product roadmap
- Create and maintain the application on multiple platforms (Linux, Android) based on customers’ requests
- Work as a part of a team and respect coding and documentation guidelines
- Plan system updates for all clients
- Advocate best practices in both design and the underlying code with a focus on quality, organization, and automation
- Deliver request for specific client in a timely manner
- Manage internal relationship with other departments
- Analyze current industry market and potential assets for the system
- Work with other talented front and backend engineers to create, scale, and deliver new features and services across web, android and ios applications
Your Skills & Experience
- Software engineering degree and 5 + years of PHP back-end development experience
- Experience building modular code with leading web MVC frameworks
- Capacity to work on entire web software stack (from Linux to CSS tools)
- PHP; other languages a plus
- Yii Framework or equivalent (MVC, Symfony)
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Open Source APIs
- Functional Knowledge of Linux
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Self-starter with a lot of initiative; we won’t be watching your every move, show us what you’ve got!
- Very good at what you do, but humble about it
- Career growth opportunities and coaching: we want to invest in you
- A casual and supportive work environment that fuels collaboration
- Competitive compensation including group insurance benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- A great location at the crossing of Rachel and St Laurent
- Don’t bring your lunch Tuesdays
- Social and company events
TrackTik was recently voted as one of the Top 25 Startups in Canada by LinkedIn, positioning us as one of the best places to work in the country. For the third year in a row, we are also among the Top 50 Fastest Growing Startups in Canada based on revenue. Our workforce management platform is now helping companies manage their security guards across 35+ countries and our team keeps expanding internationally.
If you are motivated to make a difference and thrive on teamwork, creativity and problem solving, we want you as part of our family.