TrackMaven, the leading marketing analytics platform, is growing rapidly and seeking to hire a VP of Engineering, reporting to the Chief Product Officer. Based in Washington, DC and backed by NEA, we’re looking for a talented technical mind that fits our culture and can lead our engineering team to prepare the company for our next stage of growth. As a key leader in the company, you’ll be responsible for the following regular functions:
- Motivating and inspiring a team of top-tier engineers
- Recruiting, developing talent, and retaining superb technical talent
- Managing the strategy, approach, and process of the engineering team
- Working with Product Management and Design to ensure that TrackMaven is constantly delivering new value to our customers
- Making choices to balance stability, scalability, and product velocity as we dramatically grow our customer base
- Be the voice of TrackMaven engineering to external stakeholders and communities and be a thought leader within our relevant technical and geographic communities
- Communicating to the rest of the company on the status of our engineering projects and engineering team development
- Be the final decision maker for engineering decisions after reviewing input from the team
You have a brilliant technical and leadership mind. You have helped scale a technical organization at least once before and are confident in your ability to be part of a high growth company.
Key Requirements include:
- 7-10 years experience managing technical teams
- Have experience and a point of view on software engineering best practices
- Have worked in organizations with product management teams
- An understanding of modern SaaS products: 24x7 uptime, stability through frequent releases, scalability with growing customer base, flexible customer deployments, and fine-grained operational and customer metrics
- Effective at leading and motivating large teams, especially in regards to defining vision and mission.
- Have a proven track record of successfully “managing managers”
- Have a history of delivering customer-focused solutions at high-growth companies.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Excellent communication, partnering, presentation and influencing skills.
- Track record of recruiting top talent
- Focused on resolving issues in a constructive way within and across teams
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fantastic health, dental and vision insurance
- Annual Capital Bikeshare membership
- A casual, fun and support office located in Thomas Circle