Who We Are
Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes and our team is tasked with building a best in class Home retail business across the UK and German markets. As a Category Associate, you would own a set of international suppliers and solve complex problems across merchandising, operations, marketing, and pricing to achieve hyper growth.
As a bilingual German-English speaker possessing a highly analytical mindset, passion and self-motivation, you will be dedicated to delivering a superb customer experience by making excellent assortment decisions informed by our wealth of browsing and purchasing data. You will be responsible for growing sales while improving profitability, as well as identifying new business opportunities, developing internal and external relationships and negotiating with key suppliers. Other areas of focus could include expanding the assortment and developing a competitive strategy for the market.
In this role, you will work closely with your team to set and execute the strategy for a supplier portfolio, develop supplier relationships, drive process improvements across the Supply Chain and negotiate pricing and inventory.
Being a part of Category Management means you enjoy setting and driving a vision and operating analytically to get results, whilst keeping a hard focus on execution of high impact tasks for your team and yourself. Strong communication is critical for the success of Category Management given the interaction with almost every function and team at Wayfair to ensure alignment is tight and priorities are agreed upon.
We welcome applications from high caliber professionals for whom style & home décor represent a meaningful arena to use the skills they developed in generalist business settings.
What You’ll Do
- Develop strategic category plans to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Analyze event and category performance and pivots business accordingly
- Conduct competitive and product category Evaluation to evaluate market trends
- Drives relationships and collaboration with cross-functional teams to identify and fill assortment opportunities
- Enthusiastically negotiate for favorable terms with suppliers (selection, price, and quantity)
- Establish relationships with brands, partnering effectively to achieve mutual business goals
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to identify new designers and brands to increase and expand selection across product categories
What You’ll Need
- Fluency in the German language (C1 level) is required as well as excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Some demonstrable experience in an analytical/sales based internship role
- A strong interest in building a career in buying and/or supplier relationship management
- A personable and energetic communicator, eager to build relationships with new business partners
- Ability to communicate and feel comfortable speaking directly with C-suite level suppliers from large companies
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once; you don’t miss the details
- An interest in, and/or ability to learn, retail math concepts
- Analytical thinker who looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter capable of achieving specific target goals
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and working with data
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Need Technical Assistance?
If you are having any technical difficulty submitting your application, please reach out to our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.