Product Manager - End-user Success, Data Platforms Engineering
Who We Are
The Data Platforms Engineering team at Wayfair is responsible for the core technologies that underlie a cutting-edge ecommerce business and exceptional customer experience, from order processing and logistics optimization to machine learning and AI. Our team is looking for smart, passionate, and curious people who are excited to help us scale our distributed storage, data processing, and analytics platforms.
With the broad set of technologies we are using and the scale at which our systems operate, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and be exposed to new people and ideas who work on a diverse set of cutting-edge technologies. If you are the type of person who is fascinated by engineering extremely large deployments of high-volume systems, skilled in designing scalable automation for maintaining them, and are passionate about troubleshooting challenging technical problems involving distributed systems, we should talk.
What You'll Do
- Be the product evangelist for a data platforms product portfolio consisting of multiple data products and own user success for your domain
- Drive product awareness and adoption across internal engineering and business teams through appropriate communications (product spotlights, written releases, etc)
- Consult with teams to understand their use cases and recommend the right set of technical product solutions. Help teams onboard successfully.
- Establish strong feedback loops with the user community and work closely with technical product managers and engineering teams to inform roadmap and feature requirements
- Facilitate an engaged user community by facilitating user forums, offering centralized product support, hosting office hours, or other actions
- Curate and maintain centralized product documentation and self-service guides for common workflows and use cases
- Establish KPIs to measure user success and regularly use data to inform prioritization and investment opportunities
What You'll Need
- A relentless customer focus with an ability to effectively work with a wide range of user personas
- Prior experience in customer success, technical sales, or relevant experience in a product or technical role with regular customer-facing interactions
- Strong aptitude for technical software products and data technologies.
- Familiarity with cloud data platforms (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc), Airflow, and basic Python.
- Familiarity with Dataproc, Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Data Studio, SSAS/AtScale, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc), or messaging technologies (Kafka, PubSub) are a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to craft a persuasive narrative that drives interest and action
- An entrepreneurial nature and willingness to wear many hats (marketer, strategist, technologist, etc)
- Understanding of how to influence without direct authority
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.