Senior Software Engineer
Data Platform Engineering
Who We Are
The Data Platforms Engineering team at Wayfair is responsible for the core technologies that underlie a cutting-edge ecommerce business and exceptional customer experience, from order processing and logistics optimization to machine learning and AI. Our team is looking for smart, passionate, and curious people who are excited to help us scale our distributed storage, data processing, and analytics platforms. With the broad set of technologies we are using and the scale at which our systems operate, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and be exposed to new people and ideas who work on a diverse set of cutting-edge technologies. If you are the type of person who is fascinated by engineering extremely large deployments of high-volume systems, skilled in designing scalable automation for maintaining them, and are passionate about troubleshooting challenging technical problems involving distributed systems, we should talk.
What You’ll Do
- Build and deploy distributed, global applications supporting one of the following core focus areas
- Data persistence and SQL
- Messaging and availability
- Data processing and enrichment
- Data curation, discovery, and management
- Design and implement self-service offerings for frictionless onboarding based on stakeholder requirements
- Mentor junior engineers to develop the next generation of Wayfair engineering
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of experience in a senior engineering or technical lead role
- Experience with one of the following: Python, Java, .net
- Experience with a configuration management system such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, or other
- Proven experience with running distributed systems at scale
- Experience in leading complex technical projects and collaborating with other teams across organization boundaries
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.