Associate Director of Product Design, Warehousing Technology
Who We Are
We’re looking for an inspiring leader to join a team dedicated to our supply chain operations and business partners: the backbone of Wayfair’s customer experience. Your demonstrated skill set includes leading a team of cross-functional designers, researchers and content strategists through the exploration of user needs, defining the interplay between physical and digital workflows, and maturing our approach to information architecture, screen layouts, and standardized interactions. Beyond an exemplary understanding of the craft, you also have a proven track record partnering directly with stakeholders, product managers, and developers to drive the successful prioritization and execution of user experience initiatives that span a complex ecosystem of personas and job functions.
As a Wayfair Associate Director focused on internal systems, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class professionals who are hard at work revolutionizing the systems and toolset behind the Wayfair Fulfillment Network. Our culture is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for an inspiring, strategic manager with a passion for motivating high-performing teams to transform user needs, complex logistics, processes, and volumes of information into highly intuitive web, TV, and mobile-enabled solutions.
At Wayfair, we have established our leadership position in the market through a fierce passion for helping users find the best products for their homes. Our success has created a tangible opportunity to shape the future of our Supply Chain, and your work will have a deep and meaningful impact.
What You’ll Do
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible workstream that drives significant impact. You are an empathetic people manager, a thought leader, and skilled in design operations management. Additionally, you’re experienced covering end-to-end product design projects, are user-centered, and love supporting and inspiring your team to go above and beyond with their deliverables and overall approach to drive business impact.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills by acting as thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product design practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her/their teams with domain knowledge and design process.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, less formal coaching and advice, and clear actionable feedback.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other product designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement.
- Seek out and utilize data to make informed design decisions and impact product roadmap and KPIs in the project success.
- Advocate for user-centric best practices throughout the product life cycle by acting as an evangelist and educator for design thinking throughout the greater Supply Chain organization.
- Day-to-day work will consist of a combination of product leadership, design execution, people management, and design operations management.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build efficient and intuitive user experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity.
- Explore and utilize best-in-class design techniques and interactions from other industries and verticals.
- Conduct primary user research and usability testing across our Fulfillment Centers in the US and EU remotely as well as in person when safety permits.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of professional UX experience
- 3+ years of experience leading team of at least 5 people (Product Designers, Content Strategists and Researchers)
- Strong understanding of design strategy, design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to present and articulate ideas while maintaining an openness to evolve opinions that challenge beliefs
- Strong skills in design tools like Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Invision
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, design system specifications for complex applications, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- A portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: research and synthesis, ideation on design solutions, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
- Nice to have: Experience in Enterprise, Warehousing, Supply Chain, or Mobile-First Design.
Interested in learning more about Wayfair’s Experience Design team? Check out our Wayfair Design Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.