Supplier Solutions drives critical components of Wayfair’s supplier support strategy - our team members serve as the external ambassadors who support the supplier-partners that feed Wayfair’s vast assortment, and leverage internal partners to execute our strategic vision of offering best-in-class support to an ever-growing supplier base. As an associate, you will work at the core of E-commerce: operating at the intersection between customers, suppliers, and teams & technology!
More specifically, in this role, you’ll engage daily with our ever-growing supplier base and execute projects that feed our group’s strategic priorities (like developing a training curriculum to support new teammates, designing and implementing improved processes for the team, and identifying new technology features to be developed in our workflow management system).
The duration of the internship is 6 months, starting immediately.
Who We Are
Are you interested in helping shape the future of Wayfair’s global, at-scale partner support strategy? Does the prospect of being part of a supplier support model that will enable a rapidly growing Fortune 500 company to succeed both today and in the future, excite you? If so, you may be suited for a role on our Supplier Solutions team.
We utilize a tech-enabled, scalable model to provide best-in-class support to suppliers as they manage their business on Wayfair. This highly efficient and entrepreneurial team is directly responsible for driving supplier inbound support, synthesizing supplier engagement data that can be mined for rich insights, and delivering innovative solutions to solve a growing supplier base’s most pressing challenges. In doing so, we enable better business outcomes across a portfolio. Our goal is to help our supplier partners grow their businesses on our sites, positioning Wayfair to win in the online home space in the process.
How is this opportunity unique?
We interact with our supplier partners every day. Successful candidates have a consultative mindset and love to to work with external partners - a collaborative approach to engaging with suppliers is paramount.
We own our outcomes. Our team plays a role in defining the end to end supplier experience strategy, working with cross functional partners who own business processes and / or technical products to make improvements based on supplier feedback.
We operate in a data-driven environment. Candidates with experience using data to drive decision-making are great matches.
We move fast, take risks, and innovate. If you have experience at a start-up or in another fast-paced, risk-tolerant environment, or are looking for an environment of this type, you’d enjoy working with us.
We’re global in our approach. Those interested in working closely with global counterparts will find satisfaction in Supplier Solutions. We partner closely across geographies (in North America and Asia) to drive success for our suppliers around the world.
We invest in our people, and learn together. Our team takes time to celebrate wins and toast accomplishments. We foster an environment that values balance, and we encourage personal growth by offering a broad spectrum of opportunities for continuous development and mentorship.
What You'll Do
- Act as the go-to person for our suppliers as they resolve day-to-day issues, and provide support by training and educating them on the use of Wayfair tools
- Work effectively across our global team to ensure efficient collaboration
- Build rapport with our suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Think critically about our internal processes, proposing and implementing solutions to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and the overall supplier experience
- Test new, innovative ideas in pilot programs, identifying patterns and recommending improvement opportunities
What You'll Need
- Experience or interest in ecommerce, corporate retail, management consulting, tech, sales or general account management experience, preferred
- Intermediate fluency in German (B2/C1) and business fluency (C1/C2) in French or Italian or Spanish or Polish
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Innovative problem-solving skills, plus the ability to dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- Committed team attitude with a strong desire to win and to drive collaboration with cross-functional teams and individuals
- Strong desire to take ownership and calculated risk in a fast paced and changing environment
- Hunger to produce great results and execute on an array of initiatives
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.