At Wayfair, our Merchandising vision is to enable Wayfair’s growth by building the best two-sided marketplace for home. Through merchandising, we deliver the right products and experiences at scale across all customer touch points, all channels, and all markets.
Merchandising Technology is the core engineering workforce focusing on building the merchandising system to bring our aspiration of ‘the best two-sided marketplace for home’ to reality by connecting millions of customers and thousands of suppliers across the globe. Our mission is to create flexible, reliable, scalable, and performant platform services and toolsets that enable Wayfair to delight customers and incentivize suppliers.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to be the technical leader for Wayfair’s Merchandising Technology. In this role, you will be our team’s most senior technical visionary, developing our future technical strategy and roadmap, and ensuring that our teams are building a best-in-class merchandising platform. If you are passionate about solving high-impact technical and operational challenges at the core of a highly-scaled marketplace and e-commerce business, we would love to meet with you.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a technical leader and drive the technical strategy and roadmap of Wayfair’s Merchandising platform.
- Be a highly visible technical thought leader to the senior executive level, representing the work in the Wayfair tech community.
- Drive large transformation projects such as: cloud migration, modernization of tech stack, and much more.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across product and engineering to understand pain points and drive initiatives forward
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to other engineers and help develop their skills while contributing with them on a variety of projects
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities and scope of business objectives and develop near term and long term goals and vision.
- Advocate for availability, quality, performance, scalability and automation.
- Show a passion for innovation and results by achieving them and driving communication to the broader Wayfair organization.
What You'll Need:
- Hands-on experience driving software transformations within high-growth environments at scale
- A passion for innovation and continuous improvement
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience forming consensus out of ambiguity and complexity, influencing senior business and engineering leaders, and driving teams forward
- Experience with GCP, Kubernetes, Python, Java, Kafka, containerization, and microservices preferred
- Experience with marketplace and e-commerce preferred
- 15+ years of experience in engineering, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent practical
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.