The B2B Insights & Analytics team exists to drive optimal decision-making that improves our business customers’ FF&E shopping experience through Sales interactions. We seek to optimize Sales incrementality by identifying the most CLV-accretive Sales interactions with customers, as a critical driver of our flywheel. The data we are experts in represents the voice of external customers (e.g. onsite activity, communication with Business accounts, orders, & firmographic data) and internal customers (e.g. onsite activity, communication between Sales representatives & Business accounts, CRM, and Sales Operations data) - we source, interpret and translate that voice into action that serves our customers. This team leads measurement - particularly around causal inference - and also plays a data challenger role to ensure the STO understands the “why” behind great customer experiences. And we partner closely with Data Science - to jointly develop and apply machine learning approaches to drive growth, and Data Solutions/Engineering - to ensure we have a strong, and high-velocity data foundation.
In this management role, you will take ownership of expanding our understanding of our customers and the highest value touch points along their journeys to maximize customer lifetime value. You will be responsible for the development and success of a team of Analysts and Senior Analysts who help advance this goal. You will use your technical skills, business acumen and leadership skills to generate & operationalize ideas that drive growth, while maintaining a high bar for thoughtful, impactful analyses. You will work collaboratively to apply your findings to develop and prioritize hypotheses we can test to measure the impact of changes in the experience that drive revenue. As a player-coach, you’ll be responsible for analyzing data in a meaningful way, synthesizing insights to key stakeholders, and working cross-functionally to implement your team’s findings.
If you are someone who enjoys distilling complex data into insights to inform hypotheses that we can test and learn from, and you want to be able to have a broad impact and grow alongside a highly-collaborative team in a rapidly-growing business, look no further!
What You'll Do:
- Hire, train, mentor, and develop best-in-class analytical talent in B2B
- Partner with other leaders across the STO and provide thought leadership and expertise (as needed) on topics such as disaggregating performance drivers, measurement of key initiatives over the appropriate long-term timeframe, customer segment level analysis and measurement, drivers of customer satisfaction, customer journey analysis, etc.
- Develop new analyses to support strategic focus areas and other growth initiatives
- Rigorously prioritize analyses & initiatives that maximize business impact
- Use SQL, Python/R to wrangle Wayfair’s unique data and create analyses and tools that point to the most significant business growth opportunities
- Oversee advanced analytics completed by team members, coaching and improving analytic code as needed
- Design, and review designs of, experiments that balance speed-to-insight and statistical significance
- Work closely with Sales Operations, Program Management, Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Category Management, Pricing and other cross-functional teams to drive alignment around measurement & execution against the highest impact opportunities
- Establish a roadmap and develop standards for persona-based reporting through partnership with business stakeholders & the Data Solutions team.
- Automate and streamline business performance reporting by leading efforts with internal Engineering teams and Looker.
- Lead ongoing initiative review processes by synthesizing performance analysis reports across major initiatives and by providing a succinct view to the senior leadership team
- Lead a variety of strategic projects with other departments such as:
- Analyzing Sales team performance across regions to identify key trends in Sales effectiveness,
- Deriving deeper understanding of growth drivers from our Sales motions, focusing on areas such as identifying who to call, when to call, what to say, how to say it, and how to coach to it that are primary interaction decision drivers,
- Evaluating effects of changes in behavior via Sales incentives, Territory strategy
What You'll Need:
- Hands-on experience with analytical techniques like regression (multi-variate, logistic, etc), customer modeling (segmentation, CLV, propensity modeling), forecasting (demand, sales, baselining, etc)
- Strong understanding of data warehousing principles and big data architecture; prior experience in partnering with IT to drive large data management initiatives
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and Data Visualization required; GBQ, LookML, other statistical programming (Python, R, etc) preferred
- Ability to connect the dots on disparate pieces of reporting/analysis and formulate a cohesive understanding of business performance drivers (strong business analysis skills)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while balancing competing and changing priorities
- Strong people skills required to lead and inspire small teams of direct reports and consulting resources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate complex issues to senior leadership
- Strong understanding of financial drivers of company performance and must be able to quantify business impact from analyses.
- Ability to work in a complex, matrixed organization and influence diverse functional stakeholders towards decision and action.
Examples of some of the questions this leadership role will tackle are:
- Which of Wayfair’s onsite features suggest a customer would like to hear from their account manager to drive revenue and enhance sales relationships? Wayfair Professional has built a rich onsite experience that generates vast amounts of data—we measure everything. You will determine which digital activities to surface to our sales floor, and how.
- How can machine learning models surface sales opportunities to our sales reps? You will partner regularly with Wayfair’s PhD-wielding data scientists and machine learning engineers to build models that predict and surface sales opportunities to our reps.
Out of millions of sales leads, whom should our reps call next? Wayfair’s hundreds of enrollers call thousands of sales prospects every day to qualify & enroll them in Wayfair
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.