Senior Software Engineer, Security and Privacy Tools
Wayfair is a leader in the ecommerce space for all things home. We live and breathe modern technologies. Using technology and data to create a best-in-class experience for our customers gives us a competitive advantage in the global home goods market. We are a “move fast break things, re-think old standards” team with a startup feel and continuous deployment. We continuously push the envelope to explore the future of ecommerce and distributed infrastructure systems.
The mission of the Security, Privacy, & Risk team is to arm employees with knowledge to drive smart, fast, risk-based decisions in order to meet business objectives more quickly while protecting our customers, our employees, our reputation, and our business. Our team is responsible for Wayfair security, privacy, & information technology risks internationally and cross-functionally across the organization. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design and build tools to support the diverse needs of the Security, Privacy, Identity, and Risk teams that help us become more efficient and reduce risk to the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement applications with decoupled codebase, deployment, and data stores utilizing cloud based tech to support the Security and Privacy Team
- Identify applications, process changes, libraries and tools that can be built and used to streamline security and privacy operations (e.g., privacy tools, integrations between security tools and enterprise tools)
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities and scope of business objectives and contribute to the development near term goals and strategic vision
- Contribute to the roadmap for building and maintaining security tools and libraries
- Build and lead a team of talented software engineers (both junior and senior)
- Design and build new tooling, frameworks, and infrastructure that reduce the friction for automated security
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to Wayfair technical standards, policies, and procedures
- Research industry trends and innovations to identify opportunities to make our own products and platforms even better
- Automate application governance to support audit and compliance
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Fluency in a server side programming language (Java, Python, C#, and or PHP preferred).
- Understanding of the end-to-end web stack including specifics of the HTTP protocol and proficiency with designing systems at scale.
- Experience with big data, streaming technologies and / or RESTful web service development preferred.
- Experience with public cloud IaaS and PaaS architecture and rollout and modern Agile and Devops practices (CI/CD, Microservices, Containers)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to own a part of Wayfair’s success, absolutely required
- Experience building cross-functional consensus and working with stakeholders such as product managers
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.