Supplier Experience is responsible for the end‑to‑end journey of tens of thousands of suppliers, from onboarding, to product management, to logistics, to payments, and much more, impacting millions of customers and products. Its production systems have evolved organically in tandem with Wayfair’s unprecedented growth. The department is at a technological inflection point, transforming them into scalable, containerized, cloud‑based, event‑driven microservices with dedicated data stores.
Our Architecture, Infrastructure, and Modernization team supports hundreds of engineers by spearheading and coordinating this transition. As a Senior Software Engineer owning this process, you will work with dozens of teams to bootstrap these efforts, connecting existing dots at the code level and at the data level as well as redesigning and bootstrapping systems before handing them over to maintainers. Your impact on scalability, maintainability, and engineering velocity will be instrumental in Wayfair’s next phase of growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn the ins and outs of Wayfair’s infrastructural offering and our Supplier Platform
- Work with maintainers to plan, estimate, and prioritize the transition of their assets
- Own breaking down, reachitecturing, and relocating code and data stores
- Ensure successful handover through documentation, instrumentation, and training
- Improve critical microservices and data stores by driving their technical roadmap
- Advise teams taking autonomous steps toward migration and review their plans
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to quickly and autonomously understand large swatches of codebase
- Proficiency in building Web applications at scale, Spring Boot or FastAPI a plus
- Proficiency in Docker (orchestration, optimization, unblocking), Kubernetes a plus
- Expertise in microservice architecture, Apollo Federation a plus
- Expertise in asynchronous architecture, Kafka a plus
- Experience in RDBMS at scale, SQL Server or PostgreSQL a plus
- Experience in bootstrapping and debugging CI, POSIX and Buildkite a plus
- Experience in engineering cloud‑based systems, Google Cloud a plus
- Awareness of what makes software systems maintainable, Datadog a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication and presentation
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.