Associate Director, Product Analytics - Supplier Experience
We are looking for an experienced Product Analytics leader to head up Wayfairs Product Analytics teams for supplier experience. We are in the early days of capturing a multi-billion dollar opportunity and you will be joining us in the foundational stages of our journey. You have a unique opportunity to help reinvent Wayfair’s supplier experience.
Wayfair is the leading online retailer for furniture & decor and we rely on our suppliers to deliver on our core business proposition: delivering great products to our customers quickly and reliably. Our supplier-facing ecosystem enables our 17,000+ supplier-partners to deliver on that promise by providing them with all capabilities they need to successfully manage their e-commerce business.
The Supplier Engineering team is responsible for building our next-generation supplier experiences, platform and services. As part of this group, you will provide a Product Analytics function that enables supplier-facing engineering teams to reinvent the entire supplier experience, front- and back-end.
What You’ll Do
- Establish the Product Analytics function for Supplier Experience Engineering by integrating analytics into the DNA of our product and engineering teams.
- Hire, nurture, and manage a group of analysts and leaders that supports the work of nearly 50 atomic teams across the entire supplier lifecycle.
- Own and develop the strategic analytics agenda across multiple lines of business to unlock insights and guide the business and technology roadmap.
- Prioritize resources, hiring, and team topologies across multiple areas to balance the short-term needs with the needs of longer-term initiatives.
- Build capability to apply new analytical methodologies and techniques to the supplier space, including reporting on key product KPIs, measuring new feature adoption and user behaviors, driving quantitative investigations (key driver analysis, feature modeling), and modeling the team’s impact.
- Lead on developing and expanding best practices in areas such as structuring analyses, dashboard design, and data visualizations to communicate meaningful metrics within the supplier space.
- Partner and influence senior leadership across the company to contribute to the strategic agenda of Partner Home.
What You’ll Need
- Manager-doer: you’ll be building a team from scratch, which means you’ll need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and help get the team off the ground.
- Experience at scale: A mix of success in both lean entrepreneurial environments and scaled, complex, organizations you can leverage.
- Influence without Authority: Thrive at influencing without authority and coaching your team. Capable of taking analytical insights and tying them to effective framing to drive high-quality decisions within the product function and across the business.
- Owner Mindset: You’ll own experimentation and instrumentation for all of Partner Home’s ecosystem at all points in a “features” lifecycle: tagging/eventing & instrumentation, testing, and performance analysis.
- Innovation: 10+ years of experience in analytical roles, ideally within “product” analytics. You have both the analytical capabilities and skills to leverage industry-best technologies and derive analytical insights (e.g., everything from SQL through Python/R to visualization with i.e., Data Studio or Looker).
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.