Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Operational Engineering teams are responsible for all of the supply chain systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. Everything from warehousing, order tracking, inventory forecasting to routing systems and final mile delivery. This group is essential to ensuring customers are provided with the best service experience in e-commerce. The majority of Wayfair’s business is built on repeat customers and it is important for them to have a smooth delivery experience to ensure they keep them coming back.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, operate, and maintain cutting-edge solutions which allow for reuse and extensibility while still solving the primary problem at scale
- Build solutions for multiple services, work in the code, guide the team, and understand at a detailed level how the software works
- Cultivate a deep understanding of how your systems impact Wayfair’s customers, field associates, and other systems
- Lead your teammates by example, as a senior member of the team you will let your code and system designs demonstrate the path the team should follow
- Help grow other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing, and developing other learning opportunities
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence and strengthen the technical expertise of our engineering and product teams
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in software engineering and designing systems at scale
- Mastery of at least one programming language (we primarily use PHP, C#, and Python, though any language will do as long as you are willing to learn)
- Proficiency in an asynchronous event streaming platform, message queue, or similar (we use Kafka)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Datastores (we use SQL Server and Google Big Query)
- Experience with a front end framework (we use ReactJS)
- Experience with a native distributed computing environment (we use Kubernetes across on premises data centers and Google Cloud Platform)
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence decisions
- Demonstrated ability to always be learning and improving yourself and others
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.