Who we are
Wayfair offers Europe’s largest online selection of home furnishings, décor, home improvement and many more. Getting thousands of orders every day to their new owners is at the heart of what we do.
Wayfair Delivery Network (WDN) is Wayfair’s proprietary large parcel delivery network. We are investing heavily in this network to create the best-in-class large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. WDN is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative focusing on delivering the best possible customer experience. The selected candidate will get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and optimization of this network by scaling it in Europe and further integrate with our large US WDN operations.
We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial leader who will own, further develop and execute our operational excellence and geographical expansion strategy in our current and future European markets. As Wayfair Delivery Network is one of the global top priority programs, it has a wide reach and visibility within the organization and will require strong stakeholder management, people leadership, and program execution skills.
What You'll Do
- You will optimize our business by improving and aligning our processes and technology
- Identify and prioritize process design needs in EU WDN
- Partner with our Product and Tech teams to align the EU WDN processes and tech platforms with the global WDN roadmap, feedback Europe specific requirements to the global teams and coordinate the roll out of global platforms in EU WDN
- Deploy continuous improvement methodologies by partnering with our process improvement team
- You will drive the expansion of EU WDN in Europe by developing and implementing end-to-end operations set up plans
- Translate the network design results in operational implementation plans and implement a project management structure
- Evaluate potential network sites on operational feasibility based on Network Design
- Coordinate all relevant functions needed for the operational set up (Sales and Marketing, Real Estate, IT, Finance, HR, Customer Service etc.)
- Coordinate hiring of OPS team members in the expansion countries
- Plan and coordinate the physical ramp up of EU WDN sites based on our global standards
- You will help report performance of the business, drive KPI improvements to leadership and stakeholders.
- You will hire, build and develop a team dedicated to business optimization and geographical expansion and establish a highly motivational working environment.
What You'll Need
- Significant experience in operations improvement, project management, consulting, and/or entrepreneurial management/field operational leadership experience
- Analytical and process improvement skills
- Relevant experience in Process Design/Lean Six Sigma/Continuous Process Improvement practices
- Exceptional communication skills across various levels of leadership and ability to partner with all levels of operation in the field
- Ability to inspire others to strive towards a culture of Continuous Process Improvement with high energy and coaching approach
- Manager doer mentality open to getting your hands dirty
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to successfully build partnerships and cultivate new ideas
- Willingness to a high travel frequency
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.