Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Operational Engineering teams are responsible for all of the supply chain systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. Everything from warehousing, order tracking, inventory forecasting to routing systems and final mile delivery. This group is essential to ensuring customers are provided with the best service experience in e-commerce. The majority of Wayfair’s business is built on repeat customers and it is important for them to have a smooth delivery experience to ensure they keep them coming back.
What You’ll Do:
- As a Sr Software Engineer you will actively work alongside other engineers to work on highly technical projects and deliver high quality contributions to the codebase
- Motivate and influence teams to buy into team vision and quarterly roadmap, pushing individuals outside of their comfort zones where necessary
- Drive high impact architectural decisions including inception, design, and delivery
- Identify risks and gaps in technical approaches to meet team and project goals.
- Be externally recognized as credible technical and product subject matter expert for broader team’s focus area
- Provide visibility into team results and bottlenecks, and drive data-driven action plans
- Work within an Agile culture to foster continuous improvement at the team and departmental level
What You’ll Need:
- Mastery in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without given authority
- Proven success in mentoring junior engineers to improve standards and reduce defects in dynamic environments
- Mastery in driving implementation and provide visibility to progress through short feedback loops and data-driven action
- Successful background in designing production systems at scale including fault tolerance, reliability, performance, and security
- Mastery of writing SQL queries against a relational database
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.