Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Operational Engineering teams are responsible for all of the supply chain systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. Everything from warehousing, order tracking, inventory forecasting to routing systems and final mile delivery. This group is essential to ensuring customers are provided with the best service experience in e-commerce. The majority of Wayfair’s business is built on repeat customers and it is important for them to have a smooth delivery experience to ensure they keep them coming back.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage with cross-functional scope including tech leads and managers
- Oversee multiple sprint teams each ranging from 3-6 software engineers
- Build a capable team with strong leadership through effective headcount planning, hiring, on-boarding, retention, and continuous improvement
- Be responsible for owning features developed by your team in each phase of a project – design, implementation, code review, QA and deployment to production
- Partner closely with product owners and stakeholders to build and maintain a robust project roadmap
- Break down complex initiatives into concrete iterative pieces
- Seek out, define, and evolve best practices within teams’ area of focus as well as initiatives that raise the standards across the organization
What You’ll Need:
- Mastery leading or managing a team of software engineers and delivery of business impacting applications
- Prior hands on experience designing, building and maintaining applications within the full customer facing web stack
- Understanding of software architecture to help empower software developers to build new features with reliability and scalability in mind
- Experience in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority
- Mastery in designing systems at scale
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
- Mastery of writing SQL queries against a relational database
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.