Who We Are:
Wayfair is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. Third-party suppliers sell indoor and outdoor furniture, rugs, kitchen goods, bed and bath products, storage options, pet items, and a whole lot more on Wayfair - more than 18 million products for the home across the site.
Wayfair has always been a consumer focused application, however it is expanding. The Supplier Engineering Group is now building cutting-edge applications and self-service tools which will aid Wayfair sellers in every step of the e-commerce journey. From onboarding, to creating and updating their product catalog, to improving the merchandising and pricing of individual products - we will be offering guidance and recommending world-class solutions at every step. Our goal is to make it as easy for anyone to sell on Wayfair as it is to buy from Wayfair.
The Supplier Engineering Group has been tasked with spearheading the next set of major growth for Wayfair as we strive towards our goal of growing from a 14 billion dollar company to a 100 billion dollar company. With this comes the opportunity for you to work on and lead high visibility projects that have an extremely high impact on Wayfair. Furthermore, you will be greenfielding the way we’re going to build applications for our sellers going forward.
- As a top priority group, Wayfair is committed to investing heavily in the newest tools and technologies for us as we work to redefine and build a selling experience to complement Wayfair’s world-class e-commerce platform.
- We build rich applications using the latest frontend technologies, as well as define advanced application architectures using React, GraphQL, WebPack and more.
- We create new services using Python with FastAPI or Java with Spring Boot, which are fully Dockerized to process millions of data points to get products delivered to the storefront in near real-time.
- We work closely with platform and developer enablement teams to create new rapid development tools which improve the experience for our software engineers.
What You'll Do:
- As a Senior Software Engineer you will actively work alongside other engineers to work on highly technical projects and deliver high quality contributions to the codebase
- Motivate and influence teams to buy into team vision and quarterly roadmap, pushing individuals outside of their comfort zones where necessary
- Drive high impact architectural decisions including inception, design, and delivery
- Identify risks and gaps in technical approaches to meet team and project goals.
- Be externally recognized as credible technical and product subject matter expert for broader team’s focus area
- Provide visibility into team results and bottlenecks, and drive data-driven action plans
- Work within an Agile culture to foster continuous improvement at the team and departmental level
What You'll Need:
- Mastery in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without given authority
- Proven success in mentoring junior engineers to improve standards and reduce defects in dynamic environments
- Mastery in driving implementation and provide visibility to progress through short feedback loops and data-driven action
- Successful background in designing production systems at scale including fault tolerance, reliability, performance, and security
- Mastery of writing SQL queries against a relational database
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.