Who We Are:
Partner Operations was created to drive the global operations strategy with Wayfair’s largest and most impactful suppliers. The mandate for the Partner Operations team is to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair through world class supply chain operations, leveraging both Wayfair’s proprietary CastleGate logistics network and Suppliers’ own supply chains. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible.
The Partner Operations team enables the commercial success of Wayfair by guiding and supporting our supplier partners towards the supply chain set up and performance that unlocks their success in the online market. As GM for Partner Operations, you will be responsible for a large portfolio of businesses, and for helping those suppliers by solving complex business problems across operations, logistics, and technology to support and drive rapid growth.
Wayfair is growing quickly, and at the same time our global supply chain services are expanding rapidly, which introduces both more power and more complexity to the solutions we offer. Continuing to drive this rapid progress, will require a leadership team capable of building and executing strategy, developing innovative and high caliber teams, and partnering with suppliers at the most senior levels to advise them on making transformational decisions about the way they operate.
About the Role:
We are looking for a General Manager for our Partner Operations Furniture & Decor Leadership team. As a Director on that team, you will manage a team who can build innovative strategies tailored to multiple product categories, and lead the execution of those strategies. The General Manager will grow and lead a high-caliber team that is building deep, highly-integrated, trust-based relationships with our most critical supplier-partners; and will act as a senior sponsor and counterpart to COO and Commercial Leaders to develop and lead key accounts. He or she will actively coordinate with other senior leaders across Wayfair who work in these categories, and will be a member of the leadership team that defines overall operations strategy.
Due to the high visibility of this role, the GM must possess a strong senior presence that will enable her or him to advise and persuade C-level leaders at the supplier organizations we partner with, and operate effectively at the highest levels internally at Wayfair. Success in this role requires a combination of strategic and analytical thinking, an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively, and an ability to execute and operate against key business objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Build an operations strategy & roadmap: Assess current operations strategy and partner with internal operations teams to optimize product availability, speed of delivery, supply chain costs, and damage rates - all at a rapidly expanding scale. And by doing so develop and execute strategies that generate game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction.
- Build a high performing, dynamic team: Lead a dynamic team that works closely with executive leaders of our supplier partners, and other Wayfair teams, and are able to execute on your vision and category specific strategies in the context of rapid growth.
- Partner with the commercial team: Partner with the Directors of Commercial partner teams to build a comprehensive strategy that enables Wayfair to drive rapid top-line and bottom-line growth, while building enduring relationships with suppliers and other competitive advantages.
- Establish strong relationships and drive supplier engagement: Build top-to-top partnerships with senior executives, and coach your team to do the same. Play a “COO” role in supplier meetings to help executives understand Wayfair, the growth opportunity and what the partnership needs to look like for supplier’s to perform strongly across Wayfair’s websites. Guide suppliers to understand and utilize Wayfair’s proprietary supply chain capabilities to further our shared goals. In doing so, build and grow a revenue-generating business with Wayfair’s CastleGate and Supply-Chain-as-a-Service business
- Influence a diverse set of internal stakeholders: Execute a cohesive strategic plan in a matrixed organization with ownership divided across specialized teams. This requires building relationships, sharing your vision while understanding others, and collaborating with other teams to drive success.
- Drive platform enhancements: Identify themes and improvement areas across the platform and partner with internal tech teams to drive change, enabling suppliers to invest more into the partnership to accelerate growth.
- Assess performance and adapt strategy: Frequently deep dive into the performance of your business to understand what is and what is not working. Wayfair works fast and needs a leader who utilizes data to drive action, ensure focus is on the right priorities and areas of the business, and deliver success.
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years relevant experience, preferably in one of the following areas: strategy consulting, e-commerce or an internet sector with significant operational components, or a successful entrepreneur who has built enterprise product/service offerings in an operational space
- Experience in retail, supply chain, logistics, or eCommerce; with a strong and demonstrable interest in leading global operations strategy for a large and growing business
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Proven experience directly managing high-performance, analytical teams, to consistently meet KPI goals
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Articulate, persuasive communicator, able to earn the trust and buy-in of senior executives
- Strong analytical experience, and comfortable operating with large data sets to generate insight and actionable conclusions
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.