Who we are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of 22 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair – All things home, in one place.
- Joss & Main – Always fresh. Always stylish. Always worth it.
- Birch Lane – Classic home. Comfortable cost.
- AllModern – Modern style. Real-life prices.
- Perigold – The widest-ever selection of luxury home furnishings.
Wayfair generated $14 billion in net revenue for the last 12 months ending in Q4 2020. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs over 16,000 people.
To view a recent letter from Wayfair’s CEO and Co-Founder Niraj Shah on Wayfair’s commitment to stand against racism please click on this link.
We are looking for passionate and accomplished leaders to build high performance engineering teams responsible for powering our platform architectures. In this strategic role, you will partner closely with internal stakeholders across the business who include Engineering, Product and Executive Leadership. Your impact will drive efforts to tackle some of the most challenging problems we face as we continue to create a best-in-class shopping experience for our customers.
We’re actively hiring for leaders to join our company across a variety of disciplines, so if you have experience driving strategy and innovation through teams like Catalog Engineering, Data Science & Machine Learning Infrastructure & Platform Engineering, Storefront Engineering and more, we’re excited to speak with you!
What You'll Do:
- Manage organizations related to Advertising Technology, Operational Engineering, Supply Chain Engineering, Storefront or Infrastructure Engineering
- Set an ambitious technology vision and roadmap for your organization pushing the boundaries of what is possible
- Communicate this vision not only for the areas you are responsible for, but for the company as a whole
- Develop your team as a beacon for tech talent
- Inspire and motivate cross-functional teams
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to others within our technology organization
- Set clear and stimulating goals while committing the organization to improved performance; be tenacious and accountable in driving results
- Execute on new ideas that have an outsized, significant, and lasting impact
- Partner with and update product, engineering, and business stakeholders
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated track record of leading technical and product teams in building and scaling of large scale, global applications
- Possess the ability to “look around the corner” and anticipate the technical, functional, and organizational requirements of a rapid growing and evolving business and technical platform
- Agility to navigate fast-paced environments and can show quick and decisive leadership
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial and transparent
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt and guide others through complex situations
- Experience with high-growth environments at scale
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling
- Create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.