The Ad Tech Engineering team is responsible for building Wayfair's class leading, data centric technology platform that optimizes and powers all of Wayfair's advertising. It touches hundreds of millions of consumers and drives billions of dollars in annual revenue. Our platforms allow us to scale our marketing efforts efficiently by automating key processes, interacting with ad vendors in real time and leveraging hundreds of terabytes of data and ML algorithms for optimization and effective decision making on millions of items in our catalog. The types of systems built by this team range from low latency REST and Graph QL APIs, to streaming systems processing billions of daily events in real time to large scale batch systems.
What You’ll Do
- Design, Scope & Execute multiple complex initiatives.
- Take ownership to improve & maintain existing platforms.
- Design systems that are user centric, scalable and provide visibility into reporting.
- Be a multiplier, mentor other engineers on the team and help them become more productive
- Elevate engineering sophistication by bringing the latest and proven technologies while being nimble on executing quick proof of concepts.
- Work with Senior Leadership to provide your vision and expertise to drive future products, and new features on existing products.
- Support & guide the team on code reviews, best design practices & help in meeting regular deliverables at the sprint & roadmap level.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer with experience in designing and building large scale platforms.
- Proficiency in programming languages like (Java/php/python etc.) with a deep understanding of different frameworks in Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
- Working experience with platforms like Storm/Flink/Spark etc. on large datasets and high throughput/low-latency applications.
- Strong working knowledge of different SQL, NoSQL etc. datastores.
- Experience in defining standards and best practices around APIs/Restful services on different frameworks.
- Passion towards mentoring junior engineers, leading code review and design reviews.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and Presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers and business stakeholders to create and execute a roadmap with consistent progress.
- Working knowledge of large scale Distributed Systems and Streaming Platforms.
- Experience with Cloud platforms would be a plus.
- Understanding and Exposure to advertising and/or marketing technologies would be a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.