The Wayfair Delivery Network (WDN) powers our ability to deliver goods across Wayfair's global supply chain. Wayfair's home goods come in all shapes and sizes. We continually strive to delight our customers by delivering and safely handling not just small items, but big, bulky, damage prone products.
The WDN Software Engineering group builds systems that scale beyond our high growth rate. We have over 15 agile teams with strong Logistics and Operations fundamentals working across our Boston and Berlin offices. Our teams build a variety of applications including user-facing mobile apps to drive in-building and on-road execution, algorithmic order routing and cost optimization, and many more!
While software is a big part of what we do, the broader group operates as one team composed of multiple functional experts across Software, Product, Physical Operations, Industrial Engineering, and other disciplines. We strive to deliver a world-class experience to our customers and field associates so that everyone can live in a home they love.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of software engineers focused on a bounded domain with cross-functional impact
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative measures to build a capable team with strong leadership through effective performance management, headcount planning, hiring, on-boarding, retention, and continuous improvement.
- Own features developed by your team in each phase of the software development lifecycle from problem space discovery to ongoing operation in user-facing environments
- Collaborate with functional experts across the whole team, particularly product owners, user experience, and physical operations team members, to build and maintain a robust, well understood product roadmap
- Break down complex initiatives into concrete iterative pieces balancing the best technical solutions with long term needs of customers, field associates, and the organization.
- Work with functional experts across the whole team to develop appropriate measures and monitors for customer, field associate, and operational outcomes as well as system performance.
- Drive improvements and provide visibility to progress via short feedback loops, data-driven decisions, and user feedback.
- Seek out, define, and evolve best practices within teams’ area of focus as well as initiatives that raise the standards across the organization.
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years experience managing teams of software engineers that deliver business impacting applications
- Prior hands-on experience designing, building and maintaining full stack applications (we primarily use PHP, C#, and Python, though any language will do as long as you are willing to learn)
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Datastores (we primarily use SQL Server and Google Big Query)
- Thorough understanding of changing best practices in software engineering to help agile teams build resilient and scalable software
- Proficiency in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority
- Proficiency in effective troubleshooting, issue resolution, and continuous improvement techniques
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.