The Wayfair Delivery Network (WDN) powers our ability to deliver goods across Wayfair's global supply chain. Wayfair's home goods come in all shapes and sizes. We continually strive to delight our customers by delivering and safely handling not just small items, but big, bulky, damage prone products.
The WDN Software Engineering group builds systems that scale beyond our high growth rate. We have over 15 agile teams with strong Logistics and Operations fundamentals working across our Boston and Berlin offices. Our teams build a variety of applications including user-facing mobile apps to drive in-building and on-road execution, algorithmic order routing and cost optimization, and many more!
While software is a big part of what we do, the broader group operates as one team composed of multiple functional experts across Software, Product, Physical Operations, Industrial Engineering, and other disciplines. We strive to deliver a world-class experience to our customers and field associates so that everyone can live in a home they love.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, operate, and maintain cutting-edge solutions which allow for reuse and extensibility while still solving the primary problem at scale
- Build solutions for multiple services, work in the code, and understand at a detailed level how the software works
- Cultivate a deep understanding of how your systems impact Wayfair’s customers, field associates, and other systems
- Help grow other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing, and developing other learning opportunities
- Contribute to a culture of engineering excellence and strengthen the technical expertise of our engineering and product teams
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in software engineering and designing systems at scale
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (we primarily use PHP, C#, and Python, though any language will do as long as you are willing to learn)
- Experience with an asynchronous event streaming platform, message queue, or similar (we use Kafka)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL datastores (we use SQL Server and Google Big Query)
- Experience with a front end framework (we use ReactJS)
- Experience with a horizontally scalable distributed computing environment (we use Kubernetes across on premises data centers and Google Cloud Platform)
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence decisions
- Demonstrated ability to always be learning and improving yourself and others
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.