Pricing & Profitability Engineering team develops algorithms and tools to optimize and manage profit, revenue, and price perception. Within the Pricing Distribution space, we provide all prices to our storefront website and internal teams, requiring us to make sure that our services are scalable to meet ever growing demands. We also need to ensure that they are as fast as mechanically possible. We maintain the core Pricing Distribution layer, leveraging C# APIs, Aerospike caching, Kafka messaging, Docker and Kubernetes for scalability. We work with a large set of data, including all costs of goods and price data for the entire storefront catalog. The work we do helps the business to create competitive prices and drive promotional sales. As well as enabling the company to effectively advertise sales on external platforms and improve searchability of our website. We work at a fast pace and maintain a high performing system.
What You'll Do
- Writing C# features to build new/enhance pricing data distribution in our core pricing system
- Create and maintain GraphQL schemas for pricing data, utilized as the core source of pricing data
- Create caching strategies and message notifications to alert downstream teams of price updates with Kafka and Aerospike
- Work in tandem with our Storefront pricing team, to get accurate prices on site as quickly as possible in addition to serving a Zillion customers a day
- Serve pricing data to our internal Ad and Search teams with real time price updates
- Working with Product Managers and business partners to identify and scope application enhancements
- Work with fellow pricing developers to move our services and data to Google Cloud
What You'll Need
- 5-8 years working experience in e-commerce application development
- 5-8 years experience working in an object oriented environment
- 5-8 years Experience writing ETLs in SQL for larger data sets (5 + TB)
- 2-5 years Experience developing UI interfaces for data updates
- 2-5 years Experience building data models, and strong relational data concepts (Foriegn Keys, Indexes, data types)
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.