Who We Are | Data Science
Wayfair’s Data Science team builds the algorithmic systems that drive our business. With 8 expansive workstreams (Pricing, Personalization & Recommendations, Merchandising, Marketing, Measurement, B2B, Computer Vision, and Operations), and more than 20 specialized subteams, our projects span from enormously broad to minutely specific. We work closely with stakeholders across the business to build scalable ML solutions and algorithmic platforms that drive incremental revenue, enhance customer experience, & improve customer loyalty. The projects that our teams work on are driven from the ground up – we look for entrepreneurial individuals that want to take ownership over their own agenda and thrive in a collaborative team environment. Take for example (1) determining how to implement AR technology to improve the shopping experience versus (2) optimizing diversity in the sales we highlight in a customer’s email. Data is at the heart of everything we do and there is very little at Wayfair that our Data Science team does not touch.
We are currently accepting co-op applications for the 6-month work term from January-June 2021.
Data Science Generalist
What You'll Do | Responsibilities
- Own the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value
- Develop quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques to create novel solutions to complex business problems
- Integrate your algorithmic solutions into our technical platforms to run at scale and directly change the experiences of customers on our site
- Drive measurable business value collaborating with business teams to change the course of Wayfair
- Uncover deep insights hidden in our vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how to act on findings
- Use data to improve the decision-making of our employees, and ultimately, to enhance the experience of our customers and our suppliers
- Work with a team of friendly and motivated scientists working together to build novel solutions to business problems
What You'll Need | Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a PhD degree program at an institution with a strong academic track record.
- Currently obtaining a degree focused within either Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other major with a heavy quantitative concentration.
- An affinity for data along with experience leveraging statistics and regression analysis is a plus.
- Experience with or an interest and ability to quickly learn SQL and Hadoop.
- Experience with or interest and ability to quickly pick-up programming skills relevant to data science such as Python and R.
- Quick learner with an analytical approach to solving problems as part of a team who has good communication skills.
- Must be a hard worker who enjoys solving challenging problems in a fast-paced environment.
No matter the position that you choose, you will have the opportunity to play a critical role in a growing company while also operating with a high level of executive visibility. The team is focused on creating strategic solutions that steer customer behavior, influence key decision making and quantify our impact within the e-commerce space. Our diverse and fun employees enjoy an environment of strong ownership and quick feedback from building, experimenting and iterating on high-impact work.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences and diversity, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.