Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,200 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Denver, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Francisco.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Data and Analytics Engineer Intern will assist in designing, building, and testing data platforms and analytics solutions to generate actionable insights for our customers.
What You Can Expect to Learn:
- The challenges modern businesses are facing with data and how to address them with leading-edge technology solutions
- How to break down complex data problems and solve them by designing simplified, achievable solutions
- How organizations can leverage data to gain a competitive advantage by extracting patterns from large datasets
- How to harness large volumes of data, such as web traffic and user behaviors, to build pipelines that derive value from raw data for our customers
- Partner with our Data Intelligence Team to determine the best approach around data ingestion, structure, and storage, then work with the team to ensure these are implemented accurately
- Contribute ideas on how to make our customers’ data more valuable and work with members of Trace3’s Engineering Team to implement solutions
Eligibility and Preferred Skills:
- Enrollment in the Junior or Senior year of an undergraduate program or master’s program at an accredited college or university
- Candidates should be pursuing a field of study applicable to the Data Intelligence internship
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better; People and Organizational Health may require a copy of the applicant’s transcript
- Academic or professional/internship experience working in a professional setting is a plus
- A basic level of knowledge of either data systems, data languages such as SQL or Python or data visualization is a plus
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and accepts direction on given assignments
- Self-motivated individuals with a customer mindset and desire to help people
- Enthusiasm for technical problem solving with attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and research in a dynamic and engaging environment
- Availability to work 40 hours per week throughout the internship
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.