Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
As part of the Trace3xpereince Program, the Purchasing Specialist Tracer (Intern) will learn how to review new item records that need to be validated and populate the necessary business unit and financial attributes in a timely manner. In addition, the Purchasing Specialist Tracer (Intern) will be responsible for reviewing the previous quarter's verified items for accuracy as well as the phase out list to determine if any revisions or deactivations are needed. Finally, the Purchasing Specialist Tracer (Intern) will assist the Purchasing Specialists with reviewing Sales Orders for accuracy, creating purchase orders in a timely manner, and fulfilling Software/Support/Virtual items for specific sales teams. Tracers in this program will receive accelerated professional development, IT industry exposure, world-class mentoring, and a unique networking opportunity across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn the internal item setup process and coordinate with sales team to ensure proper classification of each item “attribute” (tax classification, practice area, type, etc.)
- Conduct a review of all internal item records created in the past quarter and complete any necessary revisions
- Learn the different steps of how to process a purchase order at an IT organization like Trace3
- Review orders to ensure accuracy of shipping address, PO, shipping account information, price, etc.
- Enter purchase orders into our ERP (NetSuite)
- Learn and work alongside Accounting and Sales to resolve variances and problem-solve discrepancies
- Track backlog of orders processed and perform item fulfillment based on vendor fulfillment document
- Learn how to build relationships with internal teams, sales, and outside vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Interests:
- Enrollment in the Junior or Senior year of an undergraduate or graduate degree program, at an accredited college or university
- Candidates should be pursuing a field of study applicable to the Purchasing Specialist Internship
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better; People and Organizational Health may require a copy of the applicant’s transcript
- Academic or professional/internship experience working in a professional setting is a plus
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and accepts direction on given assignments
- Self-motivated individuals with a customer mindset and desire to help people
- Enthusiasm for technical problem solving, with attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and research in a dynamic and engaging environment
- Availability to work 40 hours per week throughout the internship
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures associated with network engineering in relation to information systems.
- Proficient in basic computer/laptop use including advanced operations
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.