Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
As part of the Trace3xperience Program, the Technology Sales Tracer (Intern) will engage potential customers through outbound activity, creating new sales opportunities, and building pipeline for Trace3's Account Management team. To accomplish this, you will work closely with a team of Sales Development Representatives / Tracers and build strong partnerships with Senior Account Executives in your dedicated territory. This position lays the foundation for a successful career in the sales ecosystem at Trace3. There are several paths for career growth for the right candidate that is willing to learn and work towards that goal. Position will require intern to be located by our Grand Rapids, MI office for in person training.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with our Sales Team to create a target and action plan to drive new business in assigned markets
- Leverage outreach tools such as phone, email, and social platforms (LinkedIn) to develop interactions with potential customers
- Understand and effectively deliver the Trace3 value proposition to schedule meetings for your Account Managers
- Achieve and exceed weekly/monthly metrics (meetings scheduled, opportunities created, etc.)
- Generate interest from multiple client personas within target accounts
- Track sales activity in ConnectWise and other sales automation tools
- Help achieve team revenue goals and objectives as defined by Management
- Drive client and prospect attendance for Trace3 Marketing sponsored events
Qualifications & Interests:
- Participant of Sales Competitions at your University is highly preferred
- Enrolled in the Junior or Senior year of an undergraduate degree program
- Candidates should be pursuing a field of study applicable to the Technology Sales Internship
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better; People and Organizational Health may require a copy of the applicant’s transcript
- Academic or professional/internship experience working in a professional setting is a plus
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and accepts direction on given assignments
- Self-motivated individuals with a customer mindset and desire to help people
- Enthusiastic, confident and professional phone etiquette when interacting with customers
- Passion for technical problem solving, with attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and research in a dynamic and engaging environment
- Availability to work 40 hours per week throughout the 12-week internship
- Ability to commute to the Trace3 Grand Rapids office
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.